Michael Vick was on MTV's Cribs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Vick was on MTV's Cribs!!

These youtube kids burried the guy. I sude to feel like he should be left alone then I heard he had a reality show coming out. So eff him; he's trying to capitalize!!
    YouTube - Michael Vick on Cribs (leaked footage)

Related Topics

Collapse

• Tony Soprano
    - - - Rams to Pursue Michael Vick! - - -
    by Tony Soprano
    Rams to Pursue Michael Vick!

"Several people in the NFL told me not to rule out St. Louis as a possible destination for Vick. The Rams might have some ownership issues to deal with before actually signing him, but they have genuine interest. They’ve been doing their due diligence on Vick, and if the Commissioner does reinstate him, look for them to actively pursue him. It makes sense — a new coach with an older quarterback who hasn’t played well. Playing in a dome on carpet would highlight Vick’s speed and athleticism. "

The Redzone - Best NFL News and Links
    -05-31-2009, 02:35 PM
  • Nick
    Michael Vick hit with lawsuit
    by Nick
    ...and no one covers it.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0405051vick1.html
    -04-06-2005, 10:10 AM
  • UtterBlitz
    A Note about Michael Vick
    by UtterBlitz
    This author does a good job with articulating some of the animal rights issues that I see.

A Note About Michael Vick
    Posted by Gary L. Francione in Blog

There has been an enormous amount of coverage of the alleged dog fighting operation sponsored by Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick. Vick and three other men were indicted on federal felony charges claiming that Vick had sponsored illegal dog fighting, gambled on dog fights and permitted acts of cruelty against animals on his property. The talk shows are filled with talking heads from the “humane community” condemning dog fighting and calling for Vick to be punished if he is, indeed, guilty. Nike and Reebok have suspended products endorsed by Vick.

Please let me be very clear: I think that dog fighting is a terrible thing.

But I must say that the Vick case is rather dramatically demonstrating what I call our “moral schizophrenia” about animals. That is, if one thing is clear, it is that we do not think clearly about our moral obligations to animals.

In this country alone, we kill over ten billion land animals annually for food. The animals we eat—even those supposedly raised “humanely”—suffer as much as the dogs that are used in dog fighting. There is no “need” for us to eat meat, dairy, or eggs. Indeed, these foods are increasingly linked to various human diseases and animal agriculture is an environmental disaster for the planet. We impose pain, suffering, and death on these billions of sentient nonhumans because we enjoy eating their flesh and the products that we make from them.

There is something positively bizarre about condemning Michael Vick for using dogs in a hideous form of entertainment when 99% of us also use animals that are every bit as sentient as dogs in another hideous form of entertainment that is no more justifiable than fighting dogs: eating animals and animal products.

There is something positively bizarre that many “animal lovers” sit around eating meat that has the Certified Humane Raised and Handled label endorsed by The Humane Society of the United States while HSUS tells us what a bad guy Michael Vick is.

HSUS and PETA are demanding that Vick be suspended from the NFL. As far as I know, neither organization demanded that Michael Jordan be suspended from the NBA because he promoted Ball Park Franks.

There is something bizarre about Reebok and Nike, which use leather in their shoes, suspending products endorsed by Vick. They’re not going to allow a guy who allegedly tortures dogs to endorse products that contain tortured cows.

In Introduction to Animal Rights: Your Child or the Dog?, I introduced Simon the Sadist, who derived pleasure from blowtorching dogs. We would all regard such conduct as monstrous because we all agree that it is wrong to inflict “unnecessary” suffering on animals and pleasure, amusement,...
    -06-03-2009, 03:23 PM
  • K.G
    Michael Vick
    by K.G
    Should I even mention the idea? What does everybody think? Whenever he can play we should def go after him if we got the money.
    -05-17-2009, 09:33 PM
  • AvengerRam_old
    As Vick falls, the media begins cycle of shame anew.
    by AvengerRam_old
    Have I mentioned how much I hate the media?

Here's the latest. On radio talk shows... on the internet... in the newspapers... the latest trend with respect to the Michael Vick fiasco is to ask "why are we giving this so much attention?" or "aren't we overreacting?" or (my favorite) "why don't we pay this much attention to crimes against humans?"

Let's be perfectly clear here. The media is responsible for this whole thing. The cycle goes like this:

1. Build up a young exciting player by over-hyping him as "the next ______" even before he plays a down in the league.

2. Continue to build him up even as his actual peformance shows serious limitations, to the point where endorsement deals bring him to near iconic status.

3. Break the big story of his fall from grace, then splash it on the front page for weeks.

4. When people start getting bored, take the other side and accuse the public of making too much of the story.

5. Make Michael Vick the victim.

6. Hope he comes back so you can really sell a "from the ashes" story.

We've seen it before. Mike Tyson went through the whole cycle. The media is itching for guys like A-Rod to fall. Even outside the sports world, we see the same pattern with actors and musicians.

The reality is that Vick is almost certainly guilty of crimes that deserve punishment. Others have done worse things, but that does not excuse Vick or reduce the necessity to deal with his actions harshly. But all that said, if Vick were merely an average NFL QB (let's say Chad Pennington or Aaron Brooks or Jeff Garcia) who wasn't built up like Vick was, it wouldn't be such a big story.

Mark Twain said it best. "If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you do, you're misinformed."
    -08-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Working...
X