NFL London 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL London 2010

I've been to two of the three regular season games at Wembley Stadium and each time I've been pleasantly surprised by the number of Rams jersey wearers, who must have thick skins to put up with the jeers and mocking.

The first year I went up to talk to a few, I'd never met a fellow UK Rams fan before, but I soon realised there were too many to attempt greeting them all.

Anyway, the London game this year offers the opportunity to insult thousands of ***** fans, and being a moderately confrontational sort I'm going to do exactly that.

Are any other UK based Rams fans attending the game, and if so, how about a mini-bash in the midst of the enemy? The Green Man isn't the best of pubs, but it's near to the stadium and goes out of it's way to entertain NFL fans on International Series gamedays.

If you're going and interested in meeting like minded Rams fans, put your name in here and we'll sort something out. Maybe a Karaoke rendition of Ram It if there are enough of us.

1. FilthyMcNasty

Re: NFL London 2010

Wont be at the game this time (nor last), like to support the game, but it is always half term, my wifes only chance to get to the usa and see a game with me, so will be in tampa for the rams game the previous weekend, then staying in tampa. We'll be spent up by the time we get back, in money and for me, in time off work.

Enjoy the game though mate.

Julian
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Comment

i applied in the past but then the final stage of the process was at something like 10am on a friday...i work outdoors on fridays from 9am till 3pm so by the time i had got home the tickets had long sold out. i just figure they only want office workers to go to the games or something.:|

Comment

I'll be there tomorrow wearing my Faulk home shirt. I'll be around the tailgate party so I hope to see some other Rams fans then.

Comment

Yep i going too, starting at the green man and once in the stadium anyone for a chorus of "getting sacked in the morning" to our friend Mike

Comment

Might see you Green Man then, I'll be wearing an Isaac Bruce white road shirt underneath a ridiculously camp LA Rams satin jacket. Come say hello.

Comment

Sorry young man must have missed you,but to be fair i was'nt there long as it did'nt seem as good as other years

Comment

A fellow Rams fan (sat some 30 rows away) and I caught each others eye when the Niners were losing and they'd just shown a Sam Bradford TD pass on the scoreboard and we threw up predictive 4 and 4 gestures. Heh.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
                  I'm not sure if I could support the London Rams.
                  by AvengerRam_old
                  The NFL announced today that it will increase the number of games played in London next year.

Some have suggested that the league wishes to have a team in London one day.

The Rams have an owner who also owns a sports franchise in London.

While I don't really think it will happen, let me say right now for the record: a move to London might be the only thing I can imagine that would cause me to cease being a Rams fan.

I am that opposed to having a full-time NFL franchise in London.

Frankly, I can't think of any good argument for having an NFL franchise in London (apart from the potential financial benefits to the league, which I don't care about). In terms of tradition, logistics (distance and time zone), the benefit of regional rivalries, and desireability for players, it is an absolutely horrible idea.

So, while I will support the Rams in St. Louis, Los Angeles, or any place in between, I don't ever want to hear about the London Rams.
                  -11-06-2014, 09:23 AM
                • clarasDK
                  London here we come!
                  by clarasDK
                  Yehaa just got tickets for the Rams vs Giants game

The cool part is that I will be going with 13 collegues who are not Rams fans but are just interested in the NFL. Now I will begin working on converting them :P

Anybody else in here who plan to go to the game?
                  -01-21-2016, 03:40 AM
                • TorontoRam
                  Reflections from London
                  by TorontoRam
                  I'm sure there have been posts about the advantages and disadvantages of the Rams playing a 'home game' in London, England. And, I'm sure I'd agree with most of them. However, Mrs. TorontoRam and some of our family and friends attended the game at Wembley and the surrounding festivities in Trafalgar Square and the 'Tailgate' at Wembley prior to the game. A few brief reflections:
                  • The NFL, Rams, and Patriots had the events, including the game very well organized and kudos to all including and especially Kevin Demoff and his staff
                  • The fans, many of whom were not necessarily Rams or Patriots fans but NFL fans (stands looked like a montage of NFL jerseys) were well behaved and obviously enjoyed the game (no hooliganism)
                  • The staff at Wembley have their act together big time. No parking and 85,000 people to access and egress the venue. London bobbies on horseback provided crowd control as fans left the stadium, allowing about 1,000 per train to enter the Tube as each train arrived and after each train departed

All in all it was a great event for the NFL and both teams although a disappointing outcome for the Rams.
                  After the game we went back to our hotel in London and watched Eli and the Giants carve up the Cowboys when it counted, which made our hearts leap with joy and gave us at least some consolation.
                  TorontoRam
                  -10-31-2012, 10:06 AM
                • r8rh8rmike
                  No Home Field Advantage For Rams In London
                  by r8rh8rmike
                  No home field advantage for Rams in London

MATTIAS KAREN, AP Sports Writer
                  Updated 3:32 p.m., Wednesday, October 24, 2012

LONDON (AP) The St. Louis Rams are familiar with fans cheering for the opposition, even at their home games.

They're likely to get an even bigger dose of that Sunday when they go up against the New England Patriots at Wembley in the annual NFL game in London.

The Rams are technically the home team, but the Patriots and especially Tom Brady have a much bigger international following and may get more fan support.

The Rams already had a taste of that in a home loss to Green Bay on Sunday.

Coach Jeff Fisher said "we had a lot of Green Bay Packer fans in our stadium last weekend. ... Didn't bother us, didn't have an impact on the outcome of the game."

Quarterback Sam Bradford said the Wembley game is "a big stage, a big opportunity."
                  -10-24-2012, 02:15 PM
                • clarasDK
                  So who is going to London?
                  by clarasDK
                  I will be traveling from Denmark to London on Saturday. Unfortunately, it seems that there will be no big fan rally on Trafalgar this time but only some special invite only event (which I am signed up for, but have not received the invite for yet).

Are special pubs etc. where Rams fans meet?

I plan to be at Twickenham all day on Sunday so I hope there are many Rams fans there ready to support the team, I hope it will be the see W this weekend!

On Saturday I will be wearing a Torry Holt Jersey as I hope he will be there again and that I can get a autograph. I got Marshall Faulk's autograph there many years ago at the Bucs vs Patsies game so I hope to get lucky again.

On Sunday I will be wearing 99 and he will destroy Eli all afternoon
                  -10-18-2016, 11:48 PM
                Working...
                X