Bash and Game forum

Collapse

Rams lose 32-18 to packers; The Good, Bad and Ugly

The undermanned Rams played hard today and certainly didn't quit, but Green Bay was simply too strong for the squad, advancing to the nfc championship game with a 32-18 home win. The odds were certainly stacked against the Rams today, playing the #1 seed coming off a bye in the freezing cold with a qb two weeks or so removed from thumb surgery. However, all week i felt like we had a real shot at this one in we could run the ball and play clean on offense. What i didnt count on was aaron donald being a shell of himself, kupp and edwards both not playing, and without donald in the game, being unable to stop the run or get off the field on third down. Goff played very well today, green bay was simply too strong on offense and the Rams despite not turning it over, failed to capitalize on a few opportunities, caused in material part by some really stupid penalties. Green bay deserved to win, no question about that, and i am really proud of the squad for hanging in there until late in the fourth quarter. A tough result, but the road playoff win over seattle was fantastic and there is plenty to build on for next year.

The Good

Goff played great football today and didnt turn it over once (had one throw late that could have been picked, but was very accurate and helped keep us in the game). He wound up 21-27-174 and a td and a two point conversion for a rating of 105.9. His decision making was pretty good and he made some really dynamite throws to woods (8-48) and jefferson (6-46). Jefferson looks like a really keeper and while he is certainly not kupp (which obviously made it much harder on the Rams offense), he is better than reynolds and we positioned to be the #3 guy next year. The Rams were outplayed today and did not deserve to win, but that was certainly not on goff. Enough already with the wolford has mobility stuff. Goff is a fine qb, not elite i get it, but with a running game and some pass protection, he still has the capability to take us to a title. He is our guy at least for now. Showed tremendous guts down the stretch, the thumb injury is a major issue and the cold surely does not help. would like to see better play calling, more quick throws, etc, see below. Our guy for at least the immediate future, barring some magical trade for watson, which i highly doubt will happen. Great early throws on back to back plays to reynolds for 28 and woods for first downs. TD throw to jefferson was nice and a terrific drive to keep us in the game right before half. That was very well done. The drive before half made it 16-10 and kept us in the game, i was so thrilled with how goff moved the team right down the field on that drive.

Brockers played well today. He is a very solid guy. Robinson caused a fumble. Ramsey did reasonably well, about as well as you could expect on adams. Williams had a terrific pass breakup. Johnson must be resigned. He is more important to the defense than floyd,...

Post Game Thoughts

Can't say today was unexpected. Still thought we had a puncher's chance at a win, but when the unit that has carried you is a no-show, you know you're in trouble. Today wasn't about lack of effort of lack of urgency, it was about losing to a better team.

I thought Goff played reasonably well, as did the receivers in Kupp's absence. It is a shame Kupp and Donald- two of the Rams' most impoortant players, were hurt and non-factors, but that is life in the NFL. Everyone is one play away from being gone.

I am pleased with Akers' performance, especially as the year progressed. While he may not become a superstar back in the traditional sense, he showed he can be our number one guy and a very productive player.

I thought McVay coached a good game, showed some trickery, mixed it up a bit and tried to put his guys in a position to win.

Matt Gay ended the season having kicked 13 consecutive field goals. Certainly a positive development given our kicking woes for the first half of the year.

Many things to discuss and dissect in the coming days/weeks/months- Goff, Wolford, the state of the offensive line, players who won't be retained, etc. Will also be interesting to see how today's result influences the thought process on Brandon Staley getting a head coaching job. Today showed you great players make the coach look good; don't know many coaches that can win without productive players.

While today is disappointing, it wasn't a shock. A season in which you make the playoffs and win a playoff game is considered a success after a season in which you missed the playoffs.

No shame loosing to the pack

There is no shame (other than our D being posted MIA) in falling to this packers team. IF our D had shown up, then I think this very well could have been a win for our Horned Heros....

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
There are no conversations in this channel.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • Sort By
  • Order
Clear All
Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by majorram, -09-23-2007, 08:57 AM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post AlphaRam
by AlphaRam

Started by RamDez, -09-19-2007, 07:24 AM
14 responses
0 likes
Last Post RamDez
by RamDez

Started by AlphaRam, -08-04-2007, 04:59 PM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post Over50RamsFan
by Over50RamsFan

Started by AlphaRam, -09-17-2007, 09:49 PM
29 responses
0 likes
Last Post ramgram
by ramgram

Started by AvengerRam_old, -09-17-2007, 09:31 AM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post Bucamaniac40
by Bucamaniac40

Started by maineram, -09-07-2007, 12:30 PM
24 responses
0 likes
Last Post AlphaRam
by AlphaRam

Started by maineram, -08-17-2007, 06:03 AM
25 responses
0 likes
Last Post Kane
by Kane

Started by jutang403, -09-10-2007, 11:30 AM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post RamFan_Til_I_Die  
Started by AvengerRam_old, -05-23-2007, 10:44 AM
12 responses
0 likes
Last Post PostalRam
by PostalRam

Started by PostalRam, -09-05-2007, 11:15 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post PostalRam  
No topics found.
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All
Forums Topics Posts Last Post
No forums found.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 44 users online. 0 members and 44 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,016 at 11:41 AM on -07-25-2013.

Working...
X