HELP

Collapse

Google

Collapse

Eric Weddle: "Whatever my role is, I'm good with"

There was a range of possibilities for defensive back Eric Weddle workload in the Wild Card Round against the Cardinals. Ultimately, he played 19 of 56 defensive snaps (34%), and it was perfectly fine by him.

As Weddle continues to make the most of this opportunity, he will continue to do whatever he can to help the Rams advance in the playoffs, no matter the scope of his role.

"Just getting another week, it'll only make me stronger physically, being able to play more if it's needed," Weddle said postgame. "Hopefully we get (safety Taylor) Rapp back. Whatever my role is, I'm good with it, right? I'm not here to get in anyone's way other than push for greatness and be a guy that is accountable and gonna accept his role and be great at it."

That playing time was largely dictated by the flow of the game. Complementary performances between the Rams offense and defense allowed them to build a 21-0 lead before the Cardinals got a first down. That lead grew to 28-0 early in the third quarter, and midway through that quarter was when Weddle played his last snap of the game.

While Weddle did not record any stats Monday night, his impact was still tangibly felt in other ways.

"Just a veteran guy that understands the game," Donald said. "He's so smart. There was one play, he was able to show and then he's seeing the quarterback come to check, he's able to jump back and mess things up for him and kind of make things a little blurry."

That experience is what allowed Weddle to make such a seamless transition. Even though the Rams are deploying a different system than the one he played in back in 2019 in his first stint with the team, Weddle said being able "look at something, digest it and be able to apply it" is what's made him the player he is and allowed him to translate in real-time. During practice last week, he said teammates and coaches were joking with him like he had been on the team all season with the way he was running around and making calls.

"It's like riding a bike," Rams outside linebacker Von Miller said Wednesday. "If you play all these years, it's just like riding a bike again. I don't want to speak for him, but it looks like he's just able to plug and play. Even though he was away from football, I don't think he was too far away from it. It shows."

Whether Rapp (concussion) is available or not for Sunday's Divisional Round playoff game against the Buccaneers in Tampa, the Rams will continue to count on Weddle as a key contributor to the defense.

"He's one of those guys that just elevates," Rams head coach Sean McVay said postgame. "We talk about igniters all the time, you make everybody around you better. That's what Eric Weddle is. I think he's only going to build on this for next week."...

Rams crush cardinals 34-11; The Good, Bad and Ugly

The Rams crushed the cardinals tonight at home 34-11 to advance to the division round next sunday against tampa. It was a convincing and dominant win for the squad on both sides of the ball, with a smothering defense taking over in the first half allowing the Rams to effectively put the game away by halftime. The Rams left no doubt or hope for arizona by scoring a touchdown on the opening drive of the second half to increase their lead to 28-0, and turning the rest of the night into garbage time. The Rams played a clean game tonight committing no turnovers, we ran the ball very well, forced two interceptions (one of which was a pick six) and rode a nearly flawless performance by matthew stafford who won his first playoff game in leading the Rams to the victory. The Rams finally put together a complete game and gave us an awful lot to build on as we get ready for brady and the bucs next weekend. A HUGE WIN FOR THE SQUAD!!!!!

The Good

Let's start with the defense. In the first half, arizona had 40 TOTAL YARDS of offense, three first downs and two interceptions, including the shortest pick six (3 yards) in nfl playoff history by david long, who took advantage of what should have been a safety/sack by reeder of murray in the end zone, only murray pulled a massive bonehead play in tossed the ball in the air right to long who made a nice catch and ran it in. That play probably ended the game and it was enormously huge since it followed a brutal drop by akers when we had a 14-0 lead and the drop stopped us from going up by 21 or at least 17. Arizona went three and out on its first four possessions!!! They could not run at all and murray was pressured all night, sacked twice (once by miller and 1/2 each from donald and gaines). The defense held arizona to 185 total yards and 0-9 on 3rd down (1-2 on fourth down). The majority of murray's 137 yards of passing was in garbage time, we held arizona to 60 yards rushing, kept murray from hurting us with his legs and held him to a qb rating of 40. Robinson had 7 tackles, miller 6 with a sack and three tackles for loss and continuing to improve every week just when we need him the most. Scott had a huge hit on aj green which caused an overturned incompletion after a mcvay challenge with came on the play immediately before the pick six for long. Note that the entire series (after the akers drop) was set up by a punt by hekker to the one yard line (downed by skowronek). The punt, the hit and the challenge, leading to the pick six, really changed the game and again, probably ended it. Robinson continues to impress me as does travin howard who had another strong game (as did gaines inside). Ramsey and Donald played very well as we have come to expect. Just an absolutely dominant performance by the defense, no other way to say it. Copeland had an interception as well in the first half which was an important play because arizona was driving and only down 14 at the time. Controlling...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Answered
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
There are no conversations in this channel.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Answered
  • Show
  • Sort By
  • Order
Clear All
RamFan_Til_I_Die
bltkmt
ClanRam Booster
Torry Holt
sosa39rams
RamsFanSam
Rams Nation MVP
RamFan_Til_I_Die
GroundChuck
thoey
Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by RamFan_Til_I_Die, -08-03-2021, 02:11 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post RamFan_Til_I_Die  
Started by bltkmt, -08-12-2019, 11:33 AM
6 responses
0 likes
Last Post RamDez  
Started by Torry Holt, -05-24-2018, 08:48 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post Torry Holt  
Started by sosa39rams, -09-20-2016, 05:24 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post sosa39rams  
Started by RamDez, -01-11-2011, 02:26 AM
52 responses
0 likes
Last Post clive
clive
by clive

Started by RamsFanSam, -06-29-2016, 05:32 PM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post Curly Horns
Curly Horns
by Curly Horns

Started by RamFan_Til_I_Die, -05-12-2016, 12:13 AM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post RamDez  
Started by GroundChuck, -12-13-2015, 10:33 AM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post r8rh8rmike
r8rh8rmike
Rams Nation MVP
by r8rh8rmike

Started by RamDez, -07-30-2015, 03:38 PM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post laram0
laram0
by laram0

Started by thoey, -03-08-2014, 04:01 AM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post VegasRam
VegasRam
Rams Nation MVP
by VegasRam

No topics found.
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All
Forums Topics Posts Last Post
No forums found.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X