Sigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigs

:seasux: Do we get sigs on this sight or do we get to make our own if u know what that is?

Re: Sigs

Yes, you can have signatures. However, there are limitations. For instance, they have to be at or below a certain size, must be appropriate for a family site, and I believe they won't show up in posts of less than a certain length. Premium members have slightly different restrictions.

I'm not sure if the signatures show up unless you have a minimum number of posts, though.

Signatures are set up in the user CP.
    temp_4394_1467243487543_20
    RAMS!

Comment

Re: Sigs

only premium members get signatures, sorry

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
        There is such thing as bad publicity (A note to some of our new members)
        by AvengerRam_old
        NOTE: This is not a Rams topic, per se, but given my belief that this is an important message to our new members as we enter a new season, I'm exercising Moderator privilege and posting it here.

Andy Warhol reportedly once said, "there's no such thing as bad publicity." Well, the otherwise unexplainable popularity of the Paris Hiltons of the world aside, I must respectfully disagree with that statement.

This is particularly true with respect to ClanRam (you'll see my point in a moment).

In my opinion, the thing that makes ClanRam the best Rams board on the Net is the fact that we have long-term members who use this site to form cyber-friendships, if you will, with other long-term members. Its a quality over quantity thing - we'd rather have a solid core of regulars than a huge roster of hit-and-run posters.

Sometimes, new posters are so eager to be noticed by the regulars that they go overboard in making themselves stand out. Just recently, we've had new members who have spammed the boards mercilessly, initiated smack battles and then claimed to be Ram fans, picked "fights" with Moderators or regular members, or engaged other disingenuous tactics designed for one purpose: to get noticed.

In the short run, such tactics do tend to get you noticed. However, contrary to Warhol's axiom, at ClanRam there most certainly is such a thing as bad publicity. Make no mistake - the Moderators and regular members will NOT allow this board to become a smack-filled, childish and superficial board like the defunct Rams site board or the PD board.

That does not mean that posters, including new posters, should avoid posts that are compelling, controversial, unpopular, unconventional or even mildly inflamatory. The key is that posts of that type should be made because you truly hold a belief that differs from the majority. If you are posting controversial content just because you want to get noticed, I can assure you that you are fooling nobody, and the attention you receive will be short lived.

So... as I don't want to end this on a negative note, let me say to all the new members that we are happy to have you here, and we look forward to getting to know you at the Clan continue's to grow.

Submitted as this one Mod's opinion...

AvengerRam
        -08-03-2006, 08:24 AM
      • vicdan
        members list
        by vicdan
        Dez a Question,

Do I need something to do in order to appear on the members list or with time it will appear, just wanted to ask.

vicdan
        -07-05-2004, 08:36 PM
      • Ahmedrams81
        Are you allowed to have sigs?
        by Ahmedrams81
        Are you allowed to have those pictures that appear under your posts, or are they banned to keep the site running smoothly?
        -09-21-2009, 12:04 PM
      • RamsFanSam
        Final Word about Advertising Banners
        by RamsFanSam
        Several of the members have been expressing their concerns about the advertising banners displayed on the ClanRam site. Here's the story:

This site has a LOT of traffic. Traffic = bandwidth. Bandwidth costs money.

Pages are hosted on servers. Servers are NOT free. Hosting costs a lot of money.

This site has a great design. Web page designing costs a lot of money.

No one is forced to pay to become a member. Dez has set up the "premium" membership that offers a lot of extra features, and it only costs $10 to join. Considering the extras also cost money, Dez is still coming out on the losing end of things financially by offering the membership so cheap.

These 'irritating' ad banners are what pays the bills. It has been suggested that if more people would be willing to pony up a measley $10 for the premium membership, so many ads wouldn't be needed.

We have a FREE site here, with a lot of great content you won't find elsewhere. If the ads bother you, there are things you can do to reduce the number of ads that appear here:

1. Become a premium member. It won't stop the need for ads, but it would help pay the bills.

2. Come up with a solution to increase revenue to the point that the costs associated with the site can be covered, and PM me with the idea. If it is a viable solution, I will be happy to forward the idea to Dez.

Last question - is it so hard to click on an ad or two to insure the Clan has a home?

Sorry about the rant, but I am sure this site costs more to run than most members imagine.
        -04-13-2007, 05:36 AM
      • ramsanddodgers
        Do I need to renew my Premier-ship?
        by ramsanddodgers
        To help offset costs and eliminate the ads which have started appearing....

Was that a one-time fee or annual membership?

I would think the $10.00 was an annual (and quite reasonable) fee for this quality site.

Thanks Dez!
        -10-25-2008, 09:41 PM
      Working...
      X