2007 Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Season

:lI don't know about the rest of you, but as the Rams motto for this upcoming season, and last season as well, says, "I Believe." I do Believe that this could be a banner year season. The team is shaping up really well and I'm really looking forward to the start of Pre-Season games. Coach Linehan is such a wonderful person and very open to dialogue with fans. So far, barring injuries, this could be another run for the Superbowl. Why not?

Re: 2007 Season

why not indeedy!!! love optimisum and our team can 'do it' mentality, but on the real side....WE CAN... thanx sis

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
      Coach is a sandbagger
      by RamWraith
      This is the philosophy I am going to live by this week until the start of the season.

Little do you all know, Linehan has a little mischievous side. He has kept this entire preseason under wraps and we and the rest of the NFL will get a full taste Sunday of the greatest show on turf. I find it very hard to believe that Linehan threw all his punches this preseason. I beleive he kept his offense very vanilla to see where all his players were at, and not to expose anything until the up-coming season.

You all can be worried. But me, I am going with the sandbagger theme. Bring on the regular season!!!
      -09-01-2006, 01:55 PM
    • laram0
      What would you do?
      by laram0
      Although I don't have the stats from last preseasons games. I feel pretty confident in saying that Linehan didn't play our starters enough. At least not as much as the rest of the NFL teams.

Obviously Linehan didn't want to take any chances with our starters. (getting injured before the regular season started). We all know that backfired in a big way.

The other thing is how important are "WINS" in the preseason?

On top of all that, this is Linehan's 3rd year as our headcoach. If he wants to keep his job there has to be a major turnaround in the win/loss column.

I'll be the first to say the Scott Linehan has tremendous pressure on himself going into 2008. (that's assuming he wants to remain our headcoach) The pressure starts in the preseason.
      -06-29-2008, 04:01 AM
    • Rambos
      We have started slow both years under Linehan
      by Rambos
      Questions, if and its a big IF Linehan comes back and we are healthy. Does our preseason record have any more meaning? Will you have confidence when we are healthy and if we still come out conservative, not playing starters acting as if we can turn it on like a light switch? Does anybody feel Linehan will need to change his approach at all in the way he runs camp, or how much he plays his starters in preseason? Does he need to put some points up in preseason to make you feel we made the right move to stick it out with him? This will be the third year of the offense, we should start to look like we know what we are doing right, is the learning curve over?
      -11-28-2007, 09:25 AM
    • BernieM
      The two things that could prove Linehan must be fired
      by BernieM
      Ever since Scott Linehan kept me from speaking to his assistants, I knew his days were numbered. After all, how could a coach come to St. Louis and fail to see what I bring to the team.

Now, his time is almost over. As I see it, there are two things that, if they occur, will seal his fate:

1. If He Fails To Win More Than 2 Additional Games This Year
      This would clearly demonstrate that he simply cannot lead the Rams to success. The Front Office has way too much pride than to allow him to come back after a 1-3 win season.

2. If He Wins More Than 2 Additional Games This Year
      This would clearly demonstrate that injuries were not the problem, as the team would then have a .500 or better second half of the season. The Front Office has way too much sense than to allow a coach who wastes an entire half-season to come back.

If neither of these two things occur, I guarantee Linehan will be back. I think he can do it, and turn things around in the future. Then, maybe he'll see my value and include me in the decisionmaking process next year.

If not, hopefully the next HC won't make me run him out of town too.
      -11-14-2007, 10:54 AM
    • bruce4life
      Can the season be turned around even????
      by bruce4life
      I am posing a simple question. I want to know guys do we honestly believe the season is over already in one week or is there still hope? The season is not a race it is a marathon true but we played horrid yesterday.

What is your guys opinions?
      -09-08-2008, 02:51 PM
    Working...
    X