More help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More help

If you look up to the top of the page on the right, you will see some buttons. The button that says, FAQ means. frequently asked questions you can find lots of good stuff in there to help you if you are having a problem ;)

Related Topics

Collapse

• Nick
    Computer problems, need some help!
    by Nick
    Okay, I'm sitting here working on my girlfriend's new computer, which she purchased at Best Buy and had the Geek Squad optimize, and I'm having some issues with Internet Explorer.

It seems that every now and then whenever I try to load a webpage or click a link, my browser initiates a Google search for what looks like the URL to some kind of ad banner on the page trying to load.

For instance, when trying to open this URL, her computer goes to that page for a second but then proceeds to perform a Google search for this.

It happens off and on while navigating random sites I've been to, but occurs quite a bit when navigating Yahoo and Yahoo Mail, which is the client we both use for our e-mail. After having had this happen on the PC a couple of times, I've tried hitting escape while the page finishes loading certain objects, and that seems to stop it in some instances, but is a huge pain in the ass and only really works after you've been redirected since you know what you're trying to do is going to cause the redirect.

Any idea what this could be? SpySweeper doesn't recognize any spyware on the computer and it was happening prior to the installation of Google's toolbar in her IE window, so I'm wondering if there's just a setting somewhere that I need to change so that the web page doesn't automatically initiate these kinds of searches.
    -07-29-2006, 05:50 PM
  • RAMMAN68
    Looking for Help
    by RAMMAN68
    I've got a problem that maybe someone on this board can help with. I was the victim of a virus attack a week ago and had to recover my OS. I'm running XP, but the problem I now face is with my Norton Internet Security. I had to reload it and now it will not operate. Every time I try to configure my settings it does not respond. To make things worse, I can't view the internet with it installed. I've been to the Symantic web site but there is no help on this.
    -06-26-2004, 09:10 AM
  • NJ Ramsfan1
    I need help!
    by NJ Ramsfan1
    Mods- please delete after hopefully someone helps me. When I post a comment on the forum on my home computer, I cannot start a new paragraph upon hitting the "enter" key. Why?? I do not have this problem at work, and also otherwise have no issues with my home computer. There has got to be a simple solution to this issue. Any advice would be appreciated!!
    -08-24-2013, 09:44 PM
    can you guys help me with something?
    by Guest
    I am a highschool Qb, and I need to know if there is anything wrong with my release.. can you tell me by watching this.. and if so how can i improve on it?? Thanks..

http://media.putfile.com/Joshs-Practice
    -05-08-2007, 07:44 PM
  • RamsBabe
    error message...? HELP!
    by RamsBabe
    Hello!
    I just signed up today and when I go to certain sections of the site...I repeatedly get this following error message! Please help!!

"RamsBabe, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "
    Thank you for any help if I happen to be doing something wrong or perhaps an administrator has to recognize me as a new member.

Thanks much!

RamsBabe
    -10-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Working...
X