HELP

Collapse

McVay doubles down on his non-committal to Goff: "Everything is being evaluated"

Normal coach-speak, or something more? Has McVay reached his breaking point after another season where Goff markedly regressed in the regular season?

Even if he has, what could he actually do about it? The only chance for any cap savings would be a trade, and I'm not sure the Rams would find a partner willing to take on this contract while giving up draft picks in the process....

Brandon Staley Hired as bolts Head Coach

Done deal. He is the new HC of the bolts

Rams lose 32-18 to packers; The Good, Bad and Ugly

The undermanned Rams played hard today and certainly didn't quit, but Green Bay was simply too strong for the squad, advancing to the nfc championship game with a 32-18 home win. The odds were certainly stacked against the Rams today, playing the #1 seed coming off a bye in the freezing cold with a qb two weeks or so removed from thumb surgery. However, all week i felt like we had a real shot at this one in we could run the ball and play clean on offense. What i didnt count on was aaron donald being a shell of himself, kupp and edwards both not playing, and without donald in the game, being unable to stop the run or get off the field on third down. Goff played very well today, green bay was simply too strong on offense and the Rams despite not turning it over, failed to capitalize on a few opportunities, caused in material part by some really stupid penalties. Green bay deserved to win, no question about that, and i am really proud of the squad for hanging in there until late in the fourth quarter. A tough result, but the road playoff win over seattle was fantastic and there is plenty to build on for next year.

The Good

Goff played great football today and didnt turn it over once (had one throw late that could have been picked, but was very accurate and helped keep us in the game). He wound up 21-27-174 and a td and a two point conversion for a rating of 105.9. His decision making was pretty good and he made some really dynamite throws to woods (8-48) and jefferson (6-46). Jefferson looks like a really keeper and while he is certainly not kupp (which obviously made it much harder on the Rams offense), he is better than reynolds and we positioned to be the #3 guy next year. The Rams were outplayed today and did not deserve to win, but that was certainly not on goff. Enough already with the wolford has mobility stuff. Goff is a fine qb, not elite i get it, but with a running game and some pass protection, he still has the capability to take us to a title. He is our guy at least for now. Showed tremendous guts down the stretch, the thumb injury is a major issue and the cold surely does not help. would like to see better play calling, more quick throws, etc, see below. Our guy for at least the immediate future, barring some magical trade for watson, which i highly doubt will happen. Great early throws on back to back plays to reynolds for 28 and woods for first downs. TD throw to jefferson was nice and a terrific drive to keep us in the game right before half. That was very well done. The drive before half made it 16-10 and kept us in the game, i was so thrilled with how goff moved the team right down the field on that drive.

Brockers played well today. He is a very solid guy. Robinson caused a fumble. Ramsey did reasonably well, about as well as you could expect on adams. Williams had a terrific pass breakup. Johnson must be resigned. He is more important to the defense than floyd,...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
There are no conversations in this channel.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • Sort By
  • Order
Clear All
Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by thoey, -01-14-2009, 02:34 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post ramsanddodgers  
Started by Mooselini, -12-31-2008, 01:05 AM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post Mooselini
by Mooselini

Started by UtterBlitz, -12-15-2008, 07:01 AM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post UtterBlitz  
Started by itsguud, -11-04-2008, 12:00 PM
23 responses
0 likes
Last Post SavageRam  
Started by ramsanddodgers, -11-06-2008, 10:31 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post ramsanddodgers  
Started by general counsel, -11-02-2008, 03:28 PM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post Bar-bq
by Bar-bq

Started by thoey, -10-17-2008, 07:27 PM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post RamsFanSam  
Started by UtterBlitz, -10-14-2008, 07:11 PM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post UtterBlitz  
Started by VegasRam, -05-30-2008, 10:26 AM
62 responses
0 likes
Last Post YodaRam
by YodaRam

Started by Rampingitup, -10-08-2008, 11:15 AM
8 responses
0 likes
Last Post UtterBlitz  
No topics found.
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All
Forums Topics Posts Last Post
No forums found.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 50 users online. 2 members and 48 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,016 at 11:41 AM on -07-25-2013.

Working...
X