Who is your all time favorite Ram"

For me, Marshall Faulk. My first love was Roman Gabriel, but my all time favorite is Faulk.

Let's hear from others!

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

What is the number one thing that concerns you about the upcoming season?

I have no idea how to post a poll. I do think, however, that it might be a good idea to de-escalate the tone of the current thread on why the site appears to be declining, and instead get back to talking about the actual team.

The Rams have a very talented team. We are not deep on the offensive line and are thin at linebacker and edge rusher. We are certainly one of the teams that have a chance to win it all if things break our way and people play to their potential.

So what concerns me the most? Luck with injuries. Last year the Rams starters missed the least games in the last seven years in the NFL. If we get banged up on the oline especially, goff and gurley are going to regress in my view. All the skill position players in the world dont help a ton if you dont have solid blocking up front.

Said another way, what bothers me most is what the rams can't control, ie injuries. Will we stay super healthy, moderately, healthy or get really unlucky? As much as anything else, i think the injury factor will play a material role in how far we go this year. The fact that the eagles won the super bowl despite losing their all pro left tackle amd their starting qb during the year is really remarkable. I dont think the Rams can afford to lose whitworth among others.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Morgan Fox tears ACL out for year

Morgan Fox is out for the year after suffering a torn ACL today in OTA's

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Rams Stadium passes $4 Billion

This new Los Angeles Rams stadium better be good.

We know it will be expensive, to a record level. Sports Business Journal reported that costs for the new stadium in Inglewood have passed $4 billion. You read that right.

Stadium costs have gone way up through the years, but no other stadium in the United States has come anywhere close to this. SBJ said the most expensive stadium previous to this was MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, and that cost $1.7 billion. The Raiders’ new stadium in Las Vegas is expected to cost more than $2 billion. That’s still less than half of what the Rams stadium, which will also be used by the Los Angeles Chargers, will cost. Cost keeps rising

When Rams owner Stan Kroenke first got approval to move his team from St. Louis to Los Angeles, his proposed stadium was slated to cost $2.3 billion, SBJ said. That would have been the most expensive stadium in U.S. sports. About $2 billion has been added onto the cost since then.

In March, the Los Angeles Times reported the price had crept to about $3 billion. Sports Business Journal said the price is now an estimated $4.25 billion. SBJ cited sources that were involved in a bank meeting on May 4 to arrange a $2.25 billion loan. What is costing so much?

The stadium project always had big expectations. It was designed to be an enormous complex, designed to be an entertainment district as well as host big events like Super Bowls.

The extra costs, in part, come from ensuring the stadium can withstand an earthquake, SBJ reported. There have also been other costs like access roads and utilities that are adding to the price tag.

That $4.25 billion figure doesn’t even include the entire complex. It does include a 6,000-seat amphitheater, SBJ said, but not retail space and commercial development or a new NFL Network headquarters. When all that is included, the total project cost could exceed $5 billion, Sports Business Journal said. Kroenke has $1.6 billion invested

SBJ broke down the investment in the stadium as $2.25 billion for various banks, $1.6 billion for Kroenke and $400 million from the NFL’s stadium financing fund. The Chargers will also pay off a portion of the debt costs, SBJ said.

Kroenke’s investment “is unprecedented,” a banker told Sports Business Journal.

SBJ explained how the Rams will pay down the debt — they’ll use the bank credit as construction advances, and use personal seat license fees to pay down the debt — but SBJ said the interest alone could be more than $50 million a year.

The stadium’s opening was already delayed a year due to weather issues. Once the stadium does open in 2020, it will be among the best stadiums in all of sports, and there’s a good chance it will top that list. But until that first Rams game in the new park, Kroenke is probably hoping another billion or so isn’t added onto the price tag.

Frank ...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RAMS NATION TALK

Collapse
Sub-Forums Topics Posts Last Post
Topics: 710 Posts: 2,496
710 2,496
JPPT1974
Just wanted to say hello!
Topics: 31 Posts: 535
Last Post: Change is coming.
31 535
Topics: 177 Posts: 639
177 639
Topics: 208 Posts: 2,466
208 2,466
Topics: 246 Posts: 1,407
246 1,407
Untitled Document week 3 small
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
There are no conversations in this channel.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • Sort By
  • Order
Clear All
Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Nick, 1 week ago
2 responses
2 likes
Last Post AvengerRam  
Started by RamDez, 1 week ago
0 responses
1 like
Last Post RamDez
by RamDez

Started by AvengerRam, -04-04-2018, 01:16 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post Rambos
by Rambos

Started by rampower, -03-30-2018, 01:47 AM
2 responses
2 likes
Last Post cowboyhater  
Started by AvengerRam, -04-03-2018, 10:37 AM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post AvengerRam  
Started by AvengerRam, -03-29-2018, 07:26 AM
20 responses
0 likes
Last Post RamsFanSam  
Started by r8rh8rmike, -03-26-2018, 07:05 PM
20 responses
0 likes
Last Post RealRam
by RealRam

Started by r8rh8rmike, -03-29-2018, 06:07 PM
10 responses
0 likes
Last Post KoaKoi
by KoaKoi

Started by Nick, -03-30-2018, 10:07 AM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post isaacbruce4ever  
Started by AvengerRam, -03-28-2018, 08:13 AM
13 responses
0 likes
Last Post HUbison
by HUbison

Started by AvengerRam, -03-29-2018, 02:22 PM
2 responses
1 like
Last Post Ram Dragoon  
Started by adarian_too, -03-29-2018, 12:58 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post adarian_too  
No topics found.
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15 users online. 1 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,016 at 10:41 AM on -07-25-2013.

The Rams Nation Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 50,786   Posts: 523,970   Members: 896   Active Members: 70
Welcome to our newest member, Watchdog.
Working...
X