RAMS NATION TALK

Collapse

UPDATE: Owners approve lending Rams $500 million for stadium

The Rams need more financing for SoFi Stadium, which has a price tag that keeps rising.

According to Daniel Kaplan of TheAthletic.com, the Rams’ request for up to $500 million in additional NFL stadium financing and additional time to pay it back is on the agenda for next week’s virtual owners meeting.

The request is on top of the $400 million the Rams already borrowed from the league’s stadium lending program. The team also wants to pay the loan back over 30 years rather than the typical 15 years.

The stadium has seen cost overruns and slower than expected personal seat license sales, per Kaplan, and all teams anticipate lost ticket revenue this fall.

The price tag of the stadium, which the Chargers will share, was $2.2 billion when owners approved the Rams’ Inglewood, California, proposal in January 2016. The estimated final cost of the stadium, which includes a retail and entertainment district, has ballooned to somewhere between $5 billion and $6 billion, according to Kaplan.

Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, which also remains under construction, is the second-most expensive stadium in league history at $1.9 billion.

SoFi Stadium is scheduled to open this summer, but it remains to be seen how the COVID-19 pandemic will affect that.

NFL owners will vote next week to increase the borrowing limit for all teams from $350 million to $500 million in case games are played without fans.

https://theathletic.com/1814617/2020...l-for-stadium/

Ram unveil new uniforms

Here you go ....................................

How CA's Governor will Ruin the Season for the Rams, Chargers, Niners & the NFL

Read the article for full details, but he recently said, “It’s difficult to imagine a stadium that’s filled until we have immunity and until we have a vaccine,” Newsom said. “There are conditions that persist in this state and this nation that make re-opening very, very challenging.”

Currently in CA we are in only in Stage 1 of his 4 Stage plan, where Stage 4 is a full re-opening. For a county to qualify just to get to Stage 2 ALL of these requirements must be met:
  • No more than one new COVID-19 case per 10,000 residents in the past 14 days (highly unlikely to happen anytime soon in Los Angeles County)
  • No COVID-19 deaths in the past 14 days. (this is the one that there is zero chance of being fulfilled anytime soon in Los Angeles County)
  • Essential workers must have access to PPE
  • A minimum of 1.5 tests per 100,000 residents being conducted daily
  • At least 15 contact tracers per 100,000 residents
  • Ability to temporarily house 15% of the county's homeless population
  • Hospitals are equipped to handle a 35% surge at minimum
  • Nursing facilities have a two-week supply of PPE
  • Continue to monitor metrics to potentially re-enact restrictions
I can't imagine what he'll require for Stage 3 and Stage 4. I know he has said for Stage 4 to happen there will have to be a vaccine available to all, and who knows when that will happen.

I will be VERY surprised if there is any NFL football in California this year, and probably not even the NFL. Only way I can see the Rams, Chargers, and Niners playing is if they come to an agreement with an out of state stadium.

Will the NFL Season start on time?

I dont know how to post a poll. thoughts?

Its really two separate questions. First questions, will the games be played. Second question, will fans be in the stands to see them.

On the second question, i think the answer is no. I highly doubt crowds of 80k will be allowed by Labor Day.

First question, a lot trickier. Some of course depends on when training camp can start. The most depends on the players union. The owners will certainly be willing to play without fans in the stands and i believe the government will allow it. The question is whether the players will take the incremental risk. I suspect the bulk of them will be willing because they need the money. The really highly paid guys probably wont want to play.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
There are no conversations in this channel.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • Sort By
  • Order
Clear All
Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by gap, 4 weeks ago
9 responses
4 likes
Last Post isaacbruce4ever  
Started by Nick, 4 weeks ago
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post general counsel  
6 responses
1 like
Last Post punahou
by punahou

1 response
0 likes
Last Post Nick
by Nick

3 responses
0 likes
Last Post Nick
by Nick

11 responses
0 likes
Last Post Nick
by Nick

0 responses
0 likes
Last Post Nick
by Nick

Started by 99rams, -04-07-2020, 03:57 PM
24 responses
0 likes
Last Post r8rh8rmike  
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post Nick
by Nick

18 responses
0 likes
Last Post mde8352gorams  
No topics found.
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All
Sub-Forums Topics Posts Last Post
Topics: 713 Posts: 2,514
713 2,514
Topics: 32 Posts: 541
Last Post: Rams uniforms
32 541
r8rh8rmike
Rams uniforms
Topics: 177 Posts: 639
177 639
Topics: 209 Posts: 2,475
209 2,475
ramstiles
London game v Bengals
Topics: 247 Posts: 1,414
Last Post: Color scheme
247 1,414
RamDez
Color scheme
by RamDez

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 22 users online. 1 members and 21 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,016 at 10:41 AM on -07-25-2013.

Working...
X