Throwback uniforms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwback uniforms

Are the rams going to use their throwbacks this year? If so, what games?

Re: Throwback uniforms

oct 30 for the retirement of Issac Bruce

Comment

I hereby suggest that the old blue and yellow uni's come back for good. The blue and gold can become the throwback.
      If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

Comment

I hope I get too see the Rams wear the throwbacks against the 'Boys on turkey day sometime in my lifetime.

Comment

For some reason, only Detroit seems to play in that game.
          "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

Comment

Blue & White...White & Blue.......

Where is that dead horse?
            sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Originally posted by laram0 View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	beating-a-dead-horse.gif
Views:	1
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	778425

You asked, here he goes!

or my personal favorite: Click image for larger version

Name:	beating_a_dead_horse.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	778426
              Last edited by LA Rammer; -08-20-2010, 09:12 AM.
              LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Comment

Originally posted by LARAM0 View Post
                Blue & White...White & Blue.......

Do you mean the blue & white ... white & blue from 1965-72? If so, this horse is A L I V E!

Clic on image to enlarge
                Attached Files
                Last edited by RealRam; -08-20-2010, 05:51 PM. Reason: Repalced photo with smaller image

Comment

No it should be blue and yellow because that was the time we won our Super Bowl.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

Heaven forbid that we should remember an era where the Rams won their division a (still) record 7 consecutive years?!?

Agreed, there was no SB appearance, let alone victory, but it was some good times for us old farts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	r2fPrimary160.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	778427
                    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Comment

I wasn't even alive for the blue and white, but I'd really like to see them as throwbacks. It's a crisper look than the blue and yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldenfleece View Post
                        I wasn't even alive for the blue and white, but I'd really like to see them as throwbacks. It's a crisper look than the blue and yellow.
                        You got that right, amigo Goldenfleece. That uniform is what attracted me originally to the Rams in 1965. By the end of that season I was hooked for sure, for life.

Even in black and white TV I'd enjoyed seeing them south of the border. Then when my parents decided to go for a color TV (ooooooo, a color TV!) in the summer of 1967 I got to see a few Rams games because they were hot and famous in the NFL -- not to mention when they played Dallas, ha.

It was such a thrill for me. Those uniforms, those helmets, they really stood out (see photo below); and it helped that they were winning big time too: 11-1-2* in '67; 10-3-1 in '68; 11-3* in '69 (undefeated their first 11 games [I was ecstatic from games 1-11 that year]).

*. - Western Conference Champs.

Please see my photo album here for plenty more pics of this special uniform (to me). Titled 'RealRam in Mexico'.

I wouldn't mind the 1999 / original GSOT colors of course, but THIS uniform below is my all-time favorite. :ram:

Clic on images to enlarge
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by RealRam; -08-20-2010, 06:18 PM. Reason: Added pic

Comment

I'd like to see the old blue and mustard yellow come back for a game a year and the old blue and white come back for a game a year. The other 14 games I want to see the current unis.

Comment

Originally posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
                            Heaven forbid that we should remember an era where the Rams won their division a (still) record 7 consecutive years?!?

Agreed, there was no SB appearance, let alone victory, but it was some good times for us old farts.

[ATTACH]1178[/ATTACH]

If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense. ;)
                            :helmet::helmet::helmet:
                            If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Frye View Post
                              I hereby suggest that the old blue and yellow uni's come back for good. The blue and gold can become the throwback.
                              The blue and yellow of the 50's and 60's or the blue and yellow of the 70's and 80's?

I guess maybe technically the older fans think of throwbacks to the Los Angeles days but the organization thinks in terms of the Saint Louis days only?
                              RnD

GO RAMS!!

Comment