Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernie Bites *EXCLUSIVE*: New Nike Uniforms Horrible; Finnegan Out of Shape

Hey folks...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have obtained an exclusive photo of the Rams' new uniforms that will debut in this, the first year of Nike's new association with the team. This was taken at Cortland Finnegan's press conference outside the Edward Jones Dome:

As you can see, the jersey has not changed much, but that helmet design is absurd. Perhaps there is some safety benefit associated with this radical design change (I don't know, I got a "D" in High School physics), but it looks just awful.

What's worse is look at the shape Finnegan is in! We just signed this guy to a $50M contract, and he looks like some middle-aged guy with a beer-gut!

I'm shocked that the Rams' new Front Office failed to do their homework on this one. Perhaps nothing has changed since the Shaw/Zygmunt days after all.

--B

Re: Bernie Bites *EXCLUSIVE*: New Nike Uniforms Horrible; Finnegan Out of Shape

That looks to be Pisa in that pic

Comment

Originally posted by bruce4life View Post
      that looks to be pisa in that pic
      Are you suggesting that the photo is not what Bernie claims it is?!?!?!

Comment

The new helmets are designed to prevent concussions. Roger Goodell was the inspiration behind the new design.
        sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

It's just a baggy shirt.

Comment

Anybody know off hand what Finnegans # will be!

Comment

Originally posted by theodus69 View Post
              Anybody know off hand what Finnegans # will be!
              Nike recommended a new set of numbers. He'lll be 7Q.

Comment

Where's the link to the picture?

"lol"

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Systemlangstaff
                  Not by the hairs on my Cortland Finnegan
                  by Systemlangstaff
                  Just thought I'd tell you guys my new catch phrase everytime Cortland has a big play! Enjoy!
                  -03-18-2012, 07:40 AM
                • Rambos
                  E:60 - Cortland Finnegan
                  by Rambos
                  Came across this must watch!

Dude can bowl!

And a heart of Gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-71mGtFQVSw
                  -12-07-2012, 08:43 AM
                • Haste
                  Can someone make a gif of Josh Morgan getting trolled by Finnegan???
                  by Haste
                  We need one!

And include the teamates/coach reaction too!
                  -09-16-2012, 10:26 PM
                • r8rh8rmike
                  Thomas: Rams Begin Again With Finnegan
                  by r8rh8rmike
                  Rams begin again with Finnegan

7 hours ago BY JIM THOMAS

The biggest play for the Rams in Sunday's 31-28 victory over Washington?

Was it the Matthew Mulligan "Sequence" the blocked punt followed by a touchdown catch a few plays later?

Maybe it was Daryl Richardson's 53-yard scamper to set up a score, the Rams' longest run from scrimmage since 2009.

Or a big-play TD catch by Brandon Gibson for the second week in a row.

Or maybe, just maybe, it was Washington wide receiver Josh Morgan angrily throwing a football at Cortland Finnegan in frustration. The resulting 15-yard penalty took the Redskins out of field goal range with just over a minute left to help preserve a Rams victory.

Perhaps that "F" in Finnegan stands for "feisty." Because if you could pick the one Ram who most enjoys the "lawless country" (as one teammate put it) that is Replacement Refs football, it would be Finnegan.

"They just let you play football," said Finnegan, his voice hoarse from a Sunday spent yelling encouragement to teammates and dare we say trash-talking opponents. "They let you play football out there, and that's one of those things you enjoy."

In that sense, Finnegan is a throwback player caught on a 21st century gridiron.

"I admire the old-school players," he said. "The (Jack) Tatums, you know, the Mean Joe Greenes. Those guys played football."

Let's not forget Dick "Night Train" Lane, the Hall of Fame defensive back of the 1950s and '60s who all but decapitated wide receivers and ball-carriers with his vicious clothesline tackling style.

"Yeah. That's what I'm (saying)," Finnegan said. "That was football. It's been watered down since, with the commissioner (Roger Goodell) and the rules."

Finnegan takes things to the edge and beyond, at least according to the modern rulebook. Take the Washington game, for example. Who knows what took place all afternoon between Finnegan and Morgan. But Finnegan clearly baited Morgan into that costly football toss, with a quick shove at the end of the play.

So where did all this attitude, this intensity, this style of play, come from? Long before he signed a $50 million free-agent contract with the Rams, Finnegan had a reputation as one of the league's, uh, bad boys due to his aggressive some would say overaggressive playing style.

"I guess the simplest way I can put it," Finnegan explained, "(is) if you want to show somebody how much you love something, whatever it is you do, that's my one way to express how much I love what I'm doing.

"If I'm on your team, you love it. If I'm not, you hate it."

Growing up in Fayetteville, N.C., Finnegan...
                  -09-19-2012, 05:23 PM
                • RamWraith
                  Bernie knows his crap~!
                  by RamWraith
                  You all get after Bernie too much. Now this is some good writing!!...
                  -11-01-2007, 11:12 AM
                Working...
                X