No announcement yet.

Possible uniform change in the future.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible uniform change in the future.

St. Louis Rams considering new uniforms

By Ryan Van Bibber on Nov 16, 3:04p

The St. Louis Rams are thinking of making some changes to the way the team looks.
    Facebook
    Twitter

The St. Louis Rams could be in line for some new uniforms in the near future, new old uniforms that is. Team COO Kevin Demoff sat down with Bernie Miklasz on 101 ESPN Friday to discuss a range of issues, and new duds happened to be on the agenda.
    Demoff said that the team is leaning toward bringing back the old blue and white uniforms, from the 1960s and early 1970s.
    Getting new uniforms isn't as easy as just putting on a new shirt. The league, being ever so conscious about its brand identity, requires a pretty thorough and lengthy process to change uniforms. Demoff said that the Rams would start by instituting those as throwbacks in 2014 and transitioning after that season. Hopefully, the team won't be in Los Angeles too at that point ... which is doubtful.
    Update: To be clear, Demoff told TST that the Rams were only considering the new unis, and 2014 would be the earliest the team could start down that path. The classic blue and gold unis are in play for the Rams too.
    Above is a shot Roman Gabriel and the Rams in those old unis from the cover of Sports Illustrated in October 1966.

What do you think?

photo from RamTommyInLA.

Re: Possible uniform change in the future.

I could live with that. Those look pretty smooth. It's kind of like the Rams meet Penn State..........just w/o all the molestation, of course.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

I think: No
      But bringing back the blue & gold jersey's should definitely happen!

Comment

Originally posted by ManofGod View Post
        I think: No
        But bringing back the blue & gold jersey's should definitely happen!
        Blue and Gold is what we have now.

But I can't say I'd be happy about bringing back the blue and yellow. Yellow........the color of extraordinarily large urban fowl and the spinal hue of cowardice.
        The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Bring back the old school 60s jerseys with an occasional original blue and gold jersey... The jerseys we wear now suck!!!

Comment

I say go with the 80's blue and yellow for home games and the blue and white for away games.

Comment

First choice: Blue and Yellow

Second choice: Blue and white

Third choice: Either of the above

Fourth choice: The ugly blue gold combo now. (any combo)
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4324_1458960283388_621[/ATTACH]

Comment

The blue and white looks awesome. I would love to see those brought back, maybe with a little tweeking to update the look.

Comment

new uniforms in the near future He said in seven years... But I think that is very cool, would take that over the mess we have now.

Comment

Im not into it. Too Colt-ish for me. I must be the only one who kinda digs the colors we have now. Blue and yellow would be fine too.

Comment

I know this is so off topic with mostly historic discussion of Rams uniforms, but...:

Prussian Blue (very dark blue), Jersey
                      yellow-Gold, Piping & lettering
                      Silver-white, Pants

Comment

Don't mind bringing back the gold pants with the navy blue unis with gold horns, basically looking like the royal blue and mustard yellow color scheme avec the modern color scheme.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

Originally posted by cfh128 View Post
                          Im not into it. Too Colt-ish for me. I must be the only one who kinda digs the colors we have now. Blue and yellow would be fine too.
                          I like the colors we have now too. It's a nice modern look.

Comment

Originally posted by RKDfan View Post
                            I like the colors we have now too. It's a nice modern look.
                            I dont mind the colors we have now, i just dont like how nike put them. Not a fan of the shoulders of the gold lined with white. And i hate, absolutely hate the stupid collars.

I like the Blue and White. i Think it looks sharp. If they went to this i wouldn't mind one bit.
                            I also miss the gold pants if we keep this color scheme.
                            I also miss the old yellow and blue, should do those throwbacks as much as possible at home.

And please never again with the blue tops and white pants...At least they are not doing those now. Someone deserves a raise for ending that atrocity.

Comment

I miss the gold pants as well.. I hate the white on white or blue on whites we wear now.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam
                                Rams want old school uniforms now - NFL says "no"
                                by AvengerRam
                                Rams want to wear blue and yellow uniforms more often, but NFL says no

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 11, 2018, 9:51 AM EDT
                                Getty Images

Since the Rams moved back to Los Angeles, questions have raged about which uniforms they should wear: The blue and white of Merlin Olsen in the 1960s? The blue and yellow of Eric Dickerson in the 1980s? The blue and gold of the St. Louis years? Some combination?

The Rams are working on a permanent answer, but in the meantime they’d like to wear the Dickerson-style throwbacks more. The NFL, however, has other ideas.

Rams COO Kevin Demoff says the team has asked the NFL for permission to wear the blue and yellow throwbacks more often, but the NFL limited the Rams to wearing them twice last season. Demoff said he’s working on explaining to the league office that the fans would prefer those uniforms.

“We have spent the year educating them on our fan base,” Demoff told the Los Angeles Times. “We forwarded them all of the fan complaints, the emails we get, so I think they’re well aware of our fans’ preferences.”

Demoff said the Navy blue jerseys the Rams have worn aren’t anyone’s favorite.

“It was always with the idea that we’d be able to revisit it during the offseason when there’s more time to plan,” he said. “Hopefully, they recognize the challenge we have and appreciate the connection the fan base has to the blue and yellow. If we can avoid wearing our Navy jerseys next year, we will.”

It’s a bit odd that the NFL won’t let teams wear whatever uniforms they want, but it appears that the Rams still have some work to do to convince the league to let them wear those Dickerson-style uniforms on a full-time basis....
                                -05-11-2018, 09:54 AM
                              • MauiRam
                                Rams pondering uniform changes ..
                                by MauiRam
                                28 minutes ago • By Jim Thomas

Rams executive Kevin Demoff says a change in both current uniform and throwback uniform for the team is possible, if not likely in the not too distant future.

“I think at some time in the next five years, you’ll see a complete uniform _ throwback and current uniform _ (change),” Demoff said. “I’d be surprised if we didn’t have it.”

Fans seem to be obsessed with uniforms, and the recent announcement that the team would wear its 1999 throwbacks against Tennessee and Tampa Bay this season sparked another round of discussion. Both about the current uniforms and which throwback to use.

“Like everything else, you’re trying to elicit emotion from your fans, and our uniform colors seem to do that on a daily basis,” said Demoff, the Rams’ executive vice president of football operations. “There’s not a day that goes by that there’s not a uniform question or comment on the Internet.”

Teams are allowed to wear throwback uniforms at two home games each year. Choosing the Tennessee (Nov. 3) and Tampa Bay (Dec. 22) games for the ’99 throwback uniforms was a natural, given the fact that the Rams defeated Tampa Bay in the NFC championship game and then beat Tennessee in Super Bowl XXXIV that season.

“If you were looking for a throwback home ‘schedule,’ this was pretty obvious,” Demoff said. “Even we couldn’t (mess) this one up.”

By league rules, once a team chooses a particular throwback style, it must wear the same uniform for at least five consecutive seasons. In the case of the ’99 throwbacks, the Rams started wearing them in 2009.

“This is the fifth year,” Demoff said.

But a lot of lead time is required in order to change throwbacks, and the deadline has passed to change the throwbacks for 2014.

“So if we choose to wear throwbacks in ’14, we have to wear these current throwbacks as well; 2015 right now would be the first time we could change our throwback _ and we have to make the decision by the end of the year.”

And Demoff doesn’t see that happening. If that’s the case, then 2016 becomes the first year the team could change throwbacks.

“One of the things we’ve talked about is if we’re gonna overhaul the current uniform, doing that in conjunction with the throwback change,” Demoff said. “So basically you unveil all of your new uniforms at the same time rather than doing it piecemeal.

“A lot of discussion, a lot of thought has to go into the brand. But the thing that will make people passionate about these uniforms would be winning. People will love the all-blue look if we just won a few more games in them.”

Demoff and...
                                -08-13-2013, 11:12 AM
                              • r8rh8rmike
                                Rams Up Two Spots To No. 19 On NFL Uniform Watch List
                                by r8rh8rmike
                                Rams up two spots to No. 19 on NFL Uni Watch list

Nick Wagoner, ESPN Staff Writer

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- Lovers of the St. Louis Rams gold pants, rejoice. No, the Rams haven't committed to bringing the gold pants back but you do have an influential backer on your side in the form of ESPN athletics aesthetics expert Paul Lukas.

On Thursday, Lukas revealed his latest round of best uniforms in the NFL, ranking the teams from 1-32. The Rams moved up two spots from No. 21 to No. 19 in this year's edition. Yes, I know, yet another ranking that includes the Rams sitting somewhere in the bottom part of the middle of the pack among teams.

Lukas downgraded the Rams for using a neck roll and especially for repeatedly going with the blue on blue look. It's a look that become affectionately known around the team as the "blueberry" look and it seems to drive the fans crazy. Lukas would like to see the Rams bring back the gold pants and called the helmet design "the class of the league."

But let's get to the reality. The Rams' throwback uniforms are among the best looking uniforms in the league. When they wore those, there's not a team in the league that looks better. And if they really wanted to get down to business, they could go back to the old blue and white uniforms of Rams teams long in the past.

There are no changes coming this year but there has been plenty of speculation about that possibility in recent years, particularly if the team moves back to Los Angeles.

Either way, in these all-important rankings, for the Rams to improve in the future they must look to the past.
                                -05-22-2015, 03:03 PM
                              • AvengerRam
                                Looking at the crowd, one thing seems clear...
                                by AvengerRam
                                From what I saw, there is an overwhelming preference among the fans for the old royal blue/yellow color scheme over the current dark blue/gold. I'm guessing it won't be until the 2019 season when the new stadium opens, but I think the change is inevitable....
                                -08-15-2016, 10:53 AM
                              • jjigga3000
                                Uniform Change?
                                by jjigga3000
                                Since a lot of us have been somewhat touchy on the subject of relocating. Let's talk about a New Uniform. I personally have disliked the new colors ever since they came out with those uniforms. I would love to see the new uni's with the old colors with a optional blue and white uni. something like these. What say ye. Let's post ideas, better than talking about something we can't control....
                                -01-15-2015, 09:10 AM
                              Working...
                              X