X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAMFANRAIDERHATER
    replied
    Originally posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Some more news on this subject. It is being leaked today that the Rams will be allowed to use the throwbacks (and / or the yellow color rush jerseys) three games this season with no limitations on when or where they use them. The navy blue jersey are gone for good. NFL made some concessions, but not enough IMHO.
    But to be honest, this new rule applies to all 32 teams, I believe. So the No-Fun-League didn't do anything special for the Rams. All teams are allowed to wear their color rush uniforms up to three times per year now that the special color rush Thursday night edition is dead.

Leave a comment:

• AvengerRam
    replied
    Originally posted by HUbison View Post

While "gold" may hold some tenuous relationship to a moment in American history which may possibly have coined a term that has been appropriated by a particular franchise, the important point to realize is that the atomic number of gold is in fact 79. And which Ram is #79? That would be Rob Havenstein. And as we all know "Havenstein" is an ancient Austrian term made up of the two words; "Haven" for yellow and "Stein" for sucks.....so Havenstein = yellow sucks.

It's just simple facts.
    Hmmm......

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wise.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	821062

Leave a comment:

• HUbison
    replied
    Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post

Gold...

A color named for a precious metal...

A metal that spurred an event in US history known as the "Gold Rush"...

Which forms the basis for the name of an NFL franchise known as...

The 49-ers!!!!!

Check. Mate.
    While "gold" may hold some tenuous relationship to a moment in American history which may possibly have coined a term that has been appropriated by a particular franchise, the important point to realize is that the atomic number of gold is in fact 79. And which Ram is #79? That would be Rob Havenstein. And as we all know "Havenstein" is an ancient Austrian term made up of the two words; "Haven" for yellow and "Stein" for sucks.....so Havenstein = yellow sucks.

It's just simple facts.

Leave a comment:

• HUbison
    replied
    Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    HUb, he was referring to Fargo Ram Fan, who did say yellow isn't a masculine color.
    My bad. I missed Fargo's comment.

Leave a comment:

• r8rh8rmike
    replied
    Originally posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Don't know how anyone could think the Dickerson era blue and yellow jerseys weren't AWESOME.
    I agree. Those uniforms are distinctive, classic, and pop.

I never said yellow isn't a masculine color. I believe my exact words were yellow is the color of cowardice and Big Bird. There's nothing particularly masculine about gold. It just looks better than yellow.
    HUb, he was referring to Fargo Ram Fan, who did say yellow isn't a masculine color. And as far as yellow being this color with negative connotations, you could make that case against most colors. Red represents embarrassment, green represents envy, black represents evil, blue represents sadness, etc. And let's keep in mind that yellow isn't the dominant color in the Dickerson era jerseys, it's an accent.

Some more news on this subject. It is being leaked today that the Rams will be allowed to use the throwbacks three games this season with no limitations. The navy blue jersey are gone for good.
    I wonder if this is the final compromise.

Leave a comment:

• RAMFANRAIDERHATER
    replied
    Some more news on this subject. It is being leaked today that the Rams will be allowed to use the throwbacks (and / or the yellow color rush jerseys) three games this season with no limitations on when or where they use them. The navy blue jersey are gone for good. NFL made some concessions, but not enough IMHO.
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -06-05-2018, 10:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AvengerRam
    replied

I never said yellow isn't a masculine color. I believe my exact words were yellow is the color of cowardice and Big Bird. There's nothing particularly masculine about gold. It just looks better than yellow.

I didn't want it to come to this, but........yellow; the Spanish word is amarillo. One of the main exports of Amarillo, TX is helium. My father died in a tragic helium accident. I'll never forget his final words to me...."Son, why do I sound like a freaking chipmunk?" And on top of that, do you know who was born in Amarillo? Tom Brady. Tom freakin' Brady was born in Amarillo. And Hitler. Tom Brady and Hitler were both born in Amarillo; which means yellow.

See? Yellow doesn't look so good now, does it?
    Gold...

A color named for a precious metal...

A metal that spurred an event in US history known as the "Gold Rush"...

Which forms the basis for the name of an NFL franchise known as...

The 49-ers!!!!!

Check. Mate.

Leave a comment:

• HUbison
    replied
    Originally posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Don't know how anyone could think the Dickerson era blue and yellow jerseys weren't AWESOME. And quantifying it by saying "yellow isn't a masculine color" is silly. Purple isn't a masculine color in the traditional sense either, yet I think the Lakers NBA jerseys and the Vikings football jerseys are outstanding. Certain combos just work.

To me, the blue and yellow are among the best uniform combinations ever worn in the NFL. When the Rams went away from them after the SB win, it was a sin- vintage greed and needless change. The current uniforms aren't terrible but are a distant third to the blue and yellow and the 60s-70s blue/white jerseys.

I didn't want it to come to this, but........yellow; the Spanish word is amarillo. One of the main exports of Amarillo, TX is helium. My father died in a tragic helium accident. I'll never forget his final words to me...."Son, why do I sound like a freaking chipmunk?" And on top of that, do you know who was born in Amarillo? Tom Brady. Tom freakin' Brady was born in Amarillo. And Hitler. Tom Brady and Hitler were both born in Amarillo; which means yellow.

See? Yellow doesn't look so good now, does it?
    Last edited by HUbison; -06-05-2018, 08:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NJ Ramsfan1
    replied
    Don't know how anyone could think the Dickerson era blue and yellow jerseys weren't AWESOME. And quantifying it by saying "yellow isn't a masculine color" is silly. Purple isn't a masculine color in the traditional sense either, yet I think the Lakers NBA jerseys and the Vikings football jerseys are outstanding. Certain combos just work.

To me, the blue and yellow are among the best uniform combinations ever worn in the NFL. When the Rams went away from them after the SB win, it was a sin- vintage greed and needless change. The current uniforms aren't terrible but are a distant third to the blue and yellow and the 60s-70s blue/white jerseys.

Leave a comment:

• AvengerRam
    replied

Latest uniform news from the Rams....

A local booster club member was invited to have breakfast with Kevin Demoff and a few questions regarding the uniforms were asked by our fan representative. The current mess they wear, which is a combination of the St Louis away jerseys with the gold trim, with white and blue helmet and pants are atrocious. The Rams have managed to take one of the most iconic and best looking uniforms (blue, yellow and white colors) in all of sports and turn them into one of the worst in the NFL. The navy colored St Louis jerseys are even worse with the blue and white LA helmets and pants, but fortunately, are only worn at away games when the home teams wear their white home jerseys and according to Demoff, are now GONE. The purpose of the change to blue and white colors when they returned to LA was to return to their LA origins. Because of the NFL league rules on uniform (jersey) changes, the only thing they could change was the helmet and pants. And the only color combination that sorta worked with the St Louis away jersey was the old blue and white. Imagine how bad the old yellow and blue helmet and pants would look with the same St Louis jersey? Yikes!

We all know that Rams fans (at least the old die-hards) are very particular about the iconic Rams horns and uniforms and want them back, either in the blue and white or blue, yellow and white schemes as before. Rumors about the old blue and whites coming back have circulated among fans here since their return, especially when the Rams altered the Rams logo to blue and white, dropping the gold. But again, that was done to honor LA and to separate from the past, without violating NFL rules.

So the question was asked about the recent denial of the NFL office to allow the Rams to wear the throwbacks all year at home. Demoff said that the issue was not dead, and was being resubmitted to the league office as the league is now realizing how bad the uniforms (and the NFL) look and are now open to discuss. The new request asks for the yellow and blue uniforms to be worn for more home games (5 games), and the color rush uniforms (at least the jerseys) the remaining 3 home games. It's what the fans want, and if the NFL is serious about making the consumer happy, then there is a chance the throwbacks (and color rush) will be back for more than two games.

On the future uniforms to be revealed in 2020 (2019 is off the table according to Demoff)....

Demoff said that Nike was instructed to use blue, yellow and white as the colors for the future design. They asked Nike to create several design ideas. One would be close to the old "throwbacks" but with a little modernization. Another request was to completely change it up and go different and modern. The only other direction given to Nike was to NOT mess with the horns on the helmet. "Do not change the horns", Demoff said. He also said the future "throwbacks" will be the blue and white uniforms of the 60's.

So, there you have it. The latest news from Kevin Demoff as told by a local booster club member in a chat session during breakfast. Take it for what it's worth, but it sounds like the organization has listened and the old blue, yellow and white colors will return with the old LA blue and whites used as throwbacks.
    Cool. Thanks for the update!

Leave a comment:

• RAMFANRAIDERHATER
    replied
    Originally posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    I hear we are going back to blue and yellow in 2019
    Latest uniform news from the Rams....

A local booster club member was invited to have breakfast with Kevin Demoff and a few questions regarding the uniforms were asked by our fan representative. The current mess they wear, which is a combination of the St Louis away jerseys with the gold trim, with white and blue helmet and pants are atrocious. The Rams have managed to take one of the most iconic and best looking uniforms (blue, yellow and white colors) in all of sports and turn them into one of the worst in the NFL. The navy colored St Louis jerseys are even worse with the blue and white LA helmets and pants, but fortunately, are only worn at away games when the home teams wear their white home jerseys and according to Demoff, are now GONE. The purpose of the change to blue and white colors when they returned to LA was to return to their LA origins. Because of the NFL league rules on uniform (jersey) changes, the only thing they could change was the helmet and pants. And the only color combination that sorta worked with the St Louis away jersey was the old blue and white. Imagine how bad the old yellow and blue helmet and pants would look with the same St Louis jersey? Yikes!

We all know that Rams fans (at least the old die-hards) are very particular about the iconic Rams horns and uniforms and want them back, either in the blue and white or blue, yellow and white schemes as before. Rumors about the old blue and whites coming back have circulated among fans here since their return, especially when the Rams altered the Rams logo to blue and white, dropping the gold. But again, that was done to honor LA and to separate from the past, without violating NFL rules.

So the question was asked about the recent denial of the NFL office to allow the Rams to wear the throwbacks all year at home. Demoff said that the issue was not dead, and was being resubmitted to the league office as the league is now realizing how bad the uniforms (and the NFL) look and are now open to discuss. The new request asks for the yellow and blue uniforms to be worn for more home games (5 games), and the color rush uniforms (at least the jerseys) the remaining 3 home games. It's what the fans want, and if the NFL is serious about making the consumer happy, then there is a chance the throwbacks (and color rush) will be back for more than two games.

On the future uniforms to be revealed in 2020 (2019 is off the table according to Demoff)....

Demoff said that Nike was instructed to use blue, yellow and white as the colors for the future design. They asked Nike to create several design ideas. One would be close to the old "throwbacks" but with a little modernization. Another request was to completely change it up and go different and modern. The only other direction given to Nike was to NOT mess with the horns on the helmet. "Do not change the horns", Demoff said. He also said the future "throwbacks" will be the blue and white uniforms of the 60's.

So, there you have it. The latest news from Kevin Demoff as told by a local booster club member in a chat session during breakfast. Take it for what it's worth, but it sounds like the organization has listened and the old blue, yellow and white colors will return with the old LA blue and whites used as throwbacks.

Leave a comment:

• lordwhttgr
    replied
    I hear we are going back to blue and yellow in 2019

Leave a comment:

• texas_rams
    replied
    Interesting change on the Los Angeles Rams website recently.

They've switch over to the blue and white colors on their logo. Eliminated the Navy Blue and Gold colors altogether on the header. Hmmmm.... All the correspondences to season ticket holders has changed too.

Rumor has it, the Rams will go back to this early 70's colors when the new Inglewood Stadium opens in 2019 !!! I like it when they wore the white horns @ Seattle on week 15.
    Last edited by texas_rams; -01-05-2017, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RAMFANRAIDERHATER
    replied
    Interesting change on the Los Angeles Rams website recently.

They've switch over to the blue and white colors on their logo. Eliminated the Navy Blue and Gold colors altogether on the header. Hmmmm.... All the correspondences to season ticket holders has changed too.

Leave a comment:

• RAMFANRAIDERHATER
    replied
    Re: Change is coming.

I wanted to get away from the relocation...excuse me, restoration talk and discuss the uniforms again. Think it might be a nice change to talk about something other than the move...

It seems like Demoff was discussing a change years ago and should be ready to make that change by now. Maybe this year?

...and while they're at it, can they please modify or change this logo? :helmet: I don't like it, never did. It's just so......boring? Needs to be more aggressive.

I'd love to see the Rams go back to the yellow and blue unis, slightly modify the horns on the helmets to look more like horns, with more detail maybe? ...and for cyring out loud, get rid of the stupid collar thing.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Leave a comment: