Rams to wear throwback uniforms for first preseason game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams to wear throwback uniforms for first preseason game

Nice touch for the first preseason game in the Coliseum in three plus decades.
    The Rams will return to the Coliseum wearing white uniforms with blue numerals and a blue slash on the shoulder, with a blue and white helmet.

Agreed, I think its a respectful gesture.
    “Oh, 100 percent,” Donald said. “I feel like the words, ‘Thank you,’ ain’t enough. You’ve got to show it... Instead of saying thank you — show it.”

Comment

Didn't see this coming, but I like it.

Comment

I think you will find that, thats what I said they would do

Comment

From the people I talked to in LA, the blog is wrong.

The helmets will still have the gold horns per NFL rules; the pants will be the standard blue from the early 2000's, and the white jersey will be the alternate road jersey from 2004.

I put as much stock in what Eric has told me as in the blog from ESPN, as there is NO mention of any throwback uniforms on the official Rams page.

I think this is most likely a wait-and-see situation.
          temp_4394_1467243487543_20
          RAMS!

Comment

I'm surprised with all the NFL restrictions on uniforms, the Rams are able to wear the old white and blue. I'm wondering if there are different uniform rules for thee preseason.

Comment

Correction: Eric told me the Rams will wear WHITE pants, not blue.

I guess I should have read his text a little bit more carefully.

So - the Rams will be in all white, with gold horns on the dark blue helmets, unless the 2013 rule concerning "throwback helmets" has been changed.

HOWEVER - that 2013 rule states that DECALS on helmets may be replaced IF submitted to the rules committee by the deadline AND approved by the safety committee...so, it IS possible that they MAY be able to put white horn decals on the helmets - but the NFL says the helmets "must be the same as worn throughout the season" and approved by the league prior to the deadline - which I understand is prior to camp.
              RAMS!

Comment

Originally posted by RamsFanSam View Post
                From the people I talked to in LA, the blog is wrong.

The helmets will still have the gold horns per NFL rules; the pants will be the standard blue from the early 2000's, and the white jersey will be the alternate road jersey from 2004.

I put as much stock in what Eric has told me as in the blog from ESPN, as there is NO mention of any throwback uniforms on the official Rams page.

I think this is most likely a wait-and-see situation.
                There are a lot of other sources reporting the white and blue throwbacks, but it looks like they're using the same article ESPN did. And you're right Sam, no mention on the Rams site, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
                  I'm surprised with all the NFL restrictions on uniforms, the Rams are able to wear the old white and blue. I'm wondering if there are different uniform rules for thee preseason.
                  I looked - the team may choose whether to wear light at home, or dark at home; opponents have to wear the opposite.

Here's the official wording...I doubt this indicates a return to the old blue and white.

Pursuant to the official colors established for each NFL club in the League Constitution and Bylaws, playing squads are permitted to wear only those colors or a combination of those colors for helmets, jerseys, pants, and stockings; provided that white is also an available color for jerseys and mandatory color for the lower portion of stockings [see 5-3-3-(f), ďStockings,Ē below]. Each player on a given team must wear the same colors on his uniform as all other players on his team in the same game. Before July 1 each year, home clubs are required to report to the League office their choice of jersey color (either white or official team color) for their home games of that forthcoming season, and visiting clubs must wear the opposite. For preseason, regular season, or postseason games, the two competing teams may wear jerseys in their official colors (non-white), provided the Commissioner determines that such colors are of sufficient contrast
                  RAMS!

Comment

Here is what Sam Farmer tweeted about the uniforms for tonight:

Sam Farmer ‏@LATimesfarmer 21h21 hours ago
                    . @WillramWallace uniforms tomorrow will be white on white with normal blue/gold helmets.
                    I tend to think Farmer has it right.

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
                      Here is what Sam Farmer tweeted about the uniforms for tonight:

I tend to think Farmer has it right.
                      I agree. I don't like Farmer, but he DOES have more information about it than I do.

RAMS!

Comment

I'm watching the pregame, and the Rams are wearing their regular white on white uniforms, with their regular blue and gold helmets.

Comment