• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Related Topics

Collapse

• RedArcher7
    Status on Bartell and Butler
    by RedArcher7
    I'm assuming Bartell left NO without a contract. The things I've seen said he's already visited and is back to talking with the Rams. Anyone got anything about his current status? He's supposed to go to Detriot, and possibly Denver if they want to put up enough money for him. I can't find anything that says what New Orleans offered him or what he's looking for. What's up with this kid is he coming back to the city?

Secondly, is Butler still at the table trying to hammer a deal out? Or did they call it a night and they're gonna pick up tomorrow?
    -02-27-2009, 07:15 PM
  • AvengerRam_old
    Bartell Already Hard At Work - Recruiting Butler!
    by AvengerRam_old
    Bartell agrees to terms, recruits Butler for St. Louis Rams

By Jim Thomas
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Not only did cornerback Ron Bartell agree to terms Monday on a four-year deal with the Rams, he’s busy recruiting free-agent safety James Butler of the New York Giants to sign with St. Louis as well.

Turns out Bartell and free safety teammate Oshiomogho Atogwe know Butler pretty well. The trio worked out together for a couple of weeks last offseason at Georgia Tech in Atlanta.

“James is a great guy,” Bartell said. “The business side is always important, but he definitely wants to be a Ram, I can tell you that much.”

As for Bartell, despite being pursued heavily by New Orleans, he’s happy to be staying with St. Louis.

“It was a lot of pressure, and it took a little longer than I hoped,” Bartell said. “But I made no bones about it. I wanted to stay in St. Louis.”
    His four-year deal includes $13.6 million in guaranteed money. It can max out at $28 million if Bartell reaches certain incentives.

“The Saints made a strong push toward the end,” said Bartell’s agent, Jeff Griffin. “It was pretty close. It never came down to the money because they both were great deals.”

Despite reports indicating otherwise, Butler has not made a visit to Cleveland. His only trip so far has been with the Rams according to one of his agents, Carl Poston.
    -03-02-2009, 03:20 PM
  • sosa39rams
    James Butler
    by sosa39rams
    He is such a quiet player on this board. What do you guys think of James Butler?

I also wanna see what you guys think of Ronald Bartell?

I think they are both great players but are very quiet. Bartell in particular would be a pro bowl CB on any other team I believe.
    -07-28-2010, 06:58 PM
  • 39thebeast
    New Info on Bartell and Butler
    by 39thebeast
    According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer Butler did not visit the Browns Saturday.

On Bartell he left New Orleans without a contract and has no more visits set up. New Orleans is now looking at Safeties Gerald Sensenbaugh and Darren Sharper. Detroit is also heading in another direction and is close to signing Jabari Greer. They have already added Anthony Henry and Eric King to their secondary. Denver has added Brian Dawkins and Renaldo hill to their secondary. Right now I would say the Rams are in the lead followed by the Saints and then the Broncos.

I think both players may have over estimated their market value and will eventually come back to the Rams.
    -03-01-2009, 10:55 AM
  • DaRamsBaby
    Who do you guys think is our starting corner for J. Butler
    by DaRamsBaby
    Who is our starting cornerback? I personally think that Dejuan Groce will be our starter then Ron Bartell will work his way up and they will split the starts!
    -09-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Working...
X