Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Dierdorf on The Bernie Miklasz Show (WXOS-FM St. Louis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Related Topics

Collapse

• SFCRamFan
    This just in at STLSports from Bernie
    by SFCRamFan
    From Bernie's Pressbox:

We are reporting this:

Team president John Shaw has offered his recommendation to Rams owner Georgia Frontiere: Scott Lenihan as the new head coach.

She'll have to approve.

That may not happen until tomorrow.

It's not official. But getting close.
    -01-18-2006, 08:34 PM
  • RamWraith
    Bernie Bits 5-15-08
    by RamWraith
    Re: Holt's Comments on Donnie Avery
    Posted: 13 May 2008 22:35 pm

Pretty easy to figure out.
    Torry has been hearing all offseason how the Rams veteran WRs are old and slow and don't get yards after the catch. He's had Al Saunders holler at him in a film session, for always going down after making a catch instead of getting some yards. He's been hearing how the Rams added speed and YAC after drafting Avery.

Big Game isn't going to play along with that one.

It's pride.

-B

Re: Holt's Comments on Donnie Avery
    Posted: 14 May 2008 00:46 am

I give 100 percent, unabashed kudos to Al Saunders.

Every guy on this offense needs to be challenged after the disgrace of 2007.

The standards have to be raised again.

And as good as Holt is, he can be better.

No free passes.

Saunders looked at film and didn't recognize Holt, because all he saw was Holt catching the ball and going down. And he asked Holt: where is the guy I used to coach?

If Holt doesn't like it?

Big effin' deal.

I for one am grateful that someone is trying to raise the standards.

-B

Re: Bernie: Column on Chris Long
    Posted: 11 May 2008 23:47 pm

I mentioned a few guys in Saturday's column who had double-digit sacks as rookie DE. But historically the odds are against it. I noticed while doing research (I wasn't able to print it all) that a few rookie DE were able to get 7, 8 sacks. That's a good total. if Long can do that, it's a nice season - and then it's a question of when and if he can take it to the next level. Justin Smith had 8.5 sacks as a rookie and to this point hasn't cracked double digits - and in fact has become less productive as a pass rusher. Playing the run is a necessity and Long should be good at it.

-B

Post subject: Re: Bernie, Can Linehan become Tom Coughlin?
    Posted: 14 May 2008 22:01 pm

Same principle ... which is: coach must have a better rapport with players.

But different personalities are in play... if anything Linehan has to be more forceful and demanding, where as Coughlin had to turn it down a couple of notches.

Whats worse: Edmonds to CHI or Bruce to SF?

Posted: 14 May 2008 15:39 pm

We were just talking about this on the radio -- good question, fun question.

Bruce for sure.

Original STL Ram. Here for the rising. His career rise coincided with the rise of the STL Rams. Won a SB with his catch.

Edmonds already had achieved good success with another franchise before coming here.

-B
    -05-15-2008, 06:45 PM
  • Nick
    More Tidbits from Bernie
    by Nick
    General info...

RE: Coordinators

RE: Giants QB coach Chris Palmer

RE: Rosenbloom...
    -01-17-2009, 02:56 PM
  • ramavenger
    Bernie Bits
    by ramavenger
    BernieM wrote:
    He had a good visit...
    he told the coaches he wants to play here...
    his agent and the Rams are trying to work out a contract...

Green Bay free safety and cornerback Bhawoh Jue has concluded his FA visit to San Diego and will visit the Rams next....Rams expect to make a strong run at him, unless he's intent on being a Charger.

If they get these three guys -- Coakley followed by Claiborne and Jue -- then this will be the end of phase one. Then they turn their attention to the draft, and they'll take another dip in free agency in June, when more players flood the market.

On the Pace front....potentially good news. I am led to believe that they're discussing a long-term contract extension and as of right now insiders at Rams Park are optimistic.

Cheers,
    Bernie

BernieM wrote:
    If Claiborne signs it will be for many years and at a big number -- but an artificially big number....the deal will actually be pretty decent for the Rams in terms of the cap.

As for Pace -- the parameters are well established by the recent deals given to W. Jones and C. Samuels.

Cheers,
    B
    -03-03-2005, 02:20 PM
  • RamWraith
    Bernie knows his crap~!
    by RamWraith
    You all get after Bernie too much. Now this is some good writing!!...
    -11-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Working...
X