• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams Coach Spagnuolo wired

YouTube - Rams Coach Steve Spagnuolo Wired

spagnolo seems like a great coach.

Re: Rams Coach Spagnuolo wired

I love this guy. He's just the man! He's a guy I'd want to give my 100% for.
    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

Originally posted by Varg6 View Post
      He's a guy I'd want to give my 100% for.
      Isn't he though, Sometimes i wish my basketball coaches were this good. But thats why he is in the pro's baby. I had more coaches like Linecrap then spags.

Comment

Great video. I see him coaching this team for a long time!

Comment

Hopefully the ship will be turned around soon...looks like a good coach

Comment

He looks so funny when he's this short little dude walking around with NFL players. But I like Spags, I think he has it in him to do some good with this team, we just need to get some players and stop trading away great linebackers for below-average unproven recievers.

Comment

He'll turn it around in next 2-4 yrs. You watch, we'll be in super bowl before Texans and some of these other teams. He is the right coach.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AtlantaRamFan
                Spagnuolo wired
                by AtlantaRamFan
                This was posted on NFL.com a couple days ago under the Rams video section. It's a mic'd practice w/ Spags. I though it was pretty cool so just passing it along.
                -09-04-2009, 08:46 AM
              • UtterBlitz
                Spagnuolo - live chat now
                by UtterBlitz
                He is doing a live chat with fans now. here is the link

NFL Live Chat
                -01-07-2010, 10:25 AM
              • NJ Ramsfan1
                Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo- disturbing
                by NJ Ramsfan1
                "I'm not mad at the team"
                "I have no explanation for it. I wish I did"

These are two quotes from Steve Spagnuolo in a couple of the STL Today articles in today's paper. The more I read, the more I see quotes like this from him. If this is a sampling of Coach Spags true assessment, then we're in a helluva lot of trouble. And I question whether he's the guy to bring us back to being a good team.

I understand it is counterproductive to just fly off at the handle. But if you're not mad at the team following yesterday's disgraceful debacle, something is seriously wrong. And if you can't explain WHY this team has strung together three consecutive poor performances- each one worst than the last- then HOW do you expect to fix it?

These coaches and players should be confined to the facility until they find some answers.
                -09-26-2011, 03:34 AM
              • MauiRam
                Bernie: Spagnuolo ready to tackle season ..
                by MauiRam
                By Bernie Miklasz Thursday, September 9, 2010 12:35 am

Steve Spagnuolo is absolutely, positively ready for his second season as the Rams' head coach.

We know this because he's sleeping in the bathroom again.

Umm ... the bathroom?

Yes, it's tucked in the back of his office on the second floor at Rams Park. The bathroom has the usual amenities, including a shower, a lavatory and toiletries. But last season Spagnuolo added a single bed.

And when the coach stays up late at the office, reviewing video, he tries to sleep in the bathroom for a few hours to save time and make a quick pivot back to work in the morning.

Not that a 1-15 rookie coach can sleep peacefully. When I asked Spagnuolo what it was like to go 1-15 last season as a rookie coach, he laughed and pointed to the bathroom. "You see that small little room? I spent some time back there," he said.

Probably getting sick to his stomach from the pain and anguish of losing. Or perhaps it was his refuge. Spagnuolo would close the door and try to sort everything out in his mind.

Emotionally and mentally, Spagnuolo absorbed quite a beating last season. His relentlessly upbeat nature was tested as never before. He won a single game. In the 15 losses, his team was outscored 426-148. Some of his friends wondered if Spagnuolo had made a career-smothering mistake by leaving his post as the New York Giants' successful defensive coordinator to take on such a thankless, hopeless job.

"I don't think this way," Spagnuolo said. "I don't know about people saying that it might kill my career, because I simply don't think that way, go through life that way. I've always had to do things this way."

Spagnuolo smiled, noted his diminutive stature and added, "At 5-8, and always having to overcome things, it's never been easy for me. I wouldn't know how to go into a situation where it was easy. I only know about starting from a tough situation and working from there. Maybe I function better that way. It hasn't been easy. It's been trying. Have I even wavered at times? Sure, I'm human. But I've never let it last long."

It explains why Spagnuolo became a buzzsaw center on his high school ice hockey team at Grafton, Mass. He was an aggressive pest who would torment taller and more skilled opponents. He played second base on the state championship baseball team. He was a quarterback who ran the wishbone offense. Go ahead. Try to knock him down.

This resolve carried Spagnuolo through coaching stops that took him around the world over a 27-year period before he became the Rams' coach. The odyssey took him to three countries, six colleges and four professional teams in small towns and big cities.

When asked why he hired the largely unknown Spagnuolo as defensive coordinator, Giants coach...
                -09-09-2010, 12:48 AM
              • RamWraith
                Spagnuolo's Staff Hard at Work
                by RamWraith
                Thursday, February 12, 2009

By Nick Wagoner
                Senior Writer

In the whirlwind days that followed his hiring as Rams head coach on Jan. 19, Steve Spagnuolo and daylight became strangers.

Even in Mobile, Ala., site of the annual Senior Bowl, Spagnuolo rarely ventured outside of his room at the Renaissance Battle House. When he did, it was to travel the few steps upstairs to meet with general manager Billy Devaney or a quick meeting with a friend in the lobby.

But the opportunity to go out and study college prospects never came close to fruition, never mind the chance to get a breath of fresh air or step out for lunch.

“The only time I walked out of the room was either to walk down to Billy’s room, which was on the next floor up, and the last night I walked down to the lobby to see somebody,” Spagnuolo said. “That was it. That was an interesting, wonderful experience. But I like to go down there and see guys I haven’t seen all year. I didn’t get a chance to do that.”

Instead, Spagnuolo holed up in his room and began piecing together a coaching staff. Over the next three and a half weeks, Spagnuolo rarely came up for air as the search for coaches continued.

Finally, on Monday, Spagnuolo announced the hiring of the final three coaches on his staff, bringing the total to 19 assistants and completing the long and arduous process of putting a staff together.

Thursday afternoon, Spagnuolo finally emerged from his Russell Training Center office with offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur, defensive coordinator Ken Flajole and special teams coordinator Tom McMahon in tow.

Needless to say, the completion of the staff is a weight off the shoulders of Spagnuolo, who throughout the process made it a point to be deliberate with his hires so as to do all possible diligence on potential candidates.

“What month are we in? It’s February, right?” Spagnuolo said, laughing.

For a first time head coach, the business of finding 19 coaches who fit the bill of what you are looking for is difficult enough without the added pressure to come in terms of building a 53-man roster.

Spagnuolo was quick to acknowledge the relief he had in completing his first major task as a head coach.

“It’s been a good overwhelming,” Spagnuolo said. “One of those overwhelmings you want to have happen to you.”

When Spagnuolo set out to put a staff in place, he did so with a few ideas for how he wanted it done.

At the top of the list was finding coaches who fit into the ethos of what Spagnuolo is installing in St. Louis. That included finding coaches he believed could relate to the players and teach them on a daily basis as well as guys with strong character.

“The whole model was to get great teachers with high character and the only way to really know how somebody...
                -02-13-2009, 04:23 AM
              Working...
              X