Bulger To Avery Flea Flicker W7 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulger To Avery Flea Flicker W7 09

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y8AD2PfKl0I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y8AD2PfKl0I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

YouTube - Bulger To Avery Flea Flicker W7 09

Best Play of The Game! One Of the few bright sides to this game against the Colts

Re: Bulger To Avery Flea Flicker W7 09

such a good play call, the trick plays are always so cool to watch. i wish avery didnt fall that would have tied the game up

Comment

I know huh? It would have gave the Rams a little confidence...but seems like everytime we get into the redzone...another fumble, int, or field goal

Comment

You'd think we would have scored a touchdown off of that since he got us near the 10 yard line, but we kicked another field goal.

Comment

It was a thing of beauty. At least it shows a little creativity in the offensive play calling.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamsInfiniti
            Donnie Avery! :-)
            by RamsInfiniti
            Kid looked impressive with the ball in his hands. Incredible burst of speed on the first screen. No idea why he was not on the field all day ...

Look at the highlights. He totally schooled the DB on the pass where Bulger was picked. Bulger throws that ball 50 yards downfield and Donnie runs under it for a TD. Watch the tape, as he made a pretty sick move ...

This kid would be putting up D. Jackson type numbers if he played for Philly, I have no doubt ...
            -09-21-2008, 10:42 PM
          • macrammer
            Donny Avery
            by macrammer
            34 receptions 454 yards for the Colts.......
            -11-05-2012, 10:39 AM
          • RamWraith
            Avery: 'I guess I'm a playmaker'
            by RamWraith
            By Bill Coats
            ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
            Monday, Oct. 13 2008
            LANDOVER, MD. As the referee reviewed wide receiver Donnie Avery's diving
            grab at Washington's 16-yard line with 39 seconds remaining Sunday, the Rams
            rookie insisted that he wasn't worried.

"No doubt in my mind that I had the ball," Avery said. "I knew it was a catch
            ... and I knew it was a fantastic catch at that."

Avery laid out to haul in the toss from quarterback Marc Bulger for a 43-yard
            pickup on a third-and-13 play. Three snaps later, Josh Brown's 49-yard field
            goal gave the Rams a 19-17 victory.

Offensive coordinator Al Saunders ordered play "999" the same one that Kurt
            Warner and Isaac Bruce completed for the decisive 73-yard touchdown in Super
            Bowl XXXIV.

"And it looked like that," said wideout Torry Holt, who sprinted
            stride-for-stride with Bruce to the end zone on Jan. 30, 2000, in Atlanta. "At
            that point, it comes down to the individual. And Donnie did a great job of
            stopping, finding the flight of the ball, and cutting back inside and catching
            it."

Avery, a 5-foot-11, 184-pound speedster from the University of Houston, was the
            Rams' second-round draft pick (No. 33 overall) the first wideout selected. A
            pelvic fracture in training camp and then a knee injury that kept him out of
            the season opener delayed Avery's chance to prove that he deserved such status.

"The kid's going to go through a learning experience," coach Jim Haslett said.
            "But he did a nice job."

Running back Steven Jackson recalled the oft-repeated subject of playmakers
            getting opportunities to make plays during the week leading up to the game.
            "And (Avery) showed why Coach Haslett referenced him as one of the guys that
            needs to touch the ball," Jackson said.

With a broad smile, Avery said, "I guess I'm a playmaker, huh?"

On the same route earlier, he didn't make the play, as Bulger's pass fell short
            of the streaking Avery. Wide receivers coach Henry Ellard, a pass catcher of
            considerable repute during his 16-year NFL career, had some advice for the
            youngster.

"He told me to come back to the ball; I tend to fade away from the ball," Avery
            explained. "I saw the ball in the air for a long time, and I knew I was behind
            the cornerback (Leigh Torrence), so I knew I had to come back to the ball, and
            that's what I did."

Bulger unloaded with "pretty much all I had," he said. "It's tough to overthrow
            Donnie, and with that one-on-one matchup, it was perfect."

Center Nick Leckey had a good look as Avery stretched out. "I...
            -10-13-2008, 11:38 AM
          • 1980RAMS
            Time to call up Avery,,,
            by 1980RAMS
            Amendolla looks real bad,,,,, we are going to call Avery back up
            -09-11-2011, 02:57 PM
          • SportsDude
            Donnie Avery?
            by SportsDude
            He is vertical threat and we could snag him pretty cheap.. what do you guys think
            -03-15-2012, 10:01 PM
          Working...
          X