No announcement yet.

Another Old Ram fan has come on board!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Old Ram fan has come on board!

Hello everyone. I just signed on here yesterday, found the place by accident, actually. But, it's nice to find a place where I can talk about my favorite sports team. I'm in Huntington Beach California, and have watched and followed the Rams since their playing days at the LA coliseum. Unlike many of my fellow Ram fans here in So. Cal, I stayed with the horns even though that "b***h" took my team away from me and moved them to St Louis. Anyway, it's great to get online here and read and chat about the Rams. Tonight's the first preseason game of 2006, and I'm so anxious to see the "new-look" Rams. I guess one good thing about being a Ram fan in California is I get to see the game on TV, which I understand is blacked out locally. Hmmmmm, that situation sounds familiar. In the last few dismal years in LA, we suffered the same fate. Dwindling attendance and blackouts. For you guys in St. Louis, don't let that happen! Support your team, or Madam Ram may.... well, you never know. GO RAMS!!!!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4324_1458960283388_621[/ATTACH]

Re: Another Old Ram fan has come on board!

Welcome, and enjoy your stay

Comment

Thanks. Wow, the UK? Ram fans from around the world. How great is that? Count down to game time: 7 12/ hours. The beer is chilling and the grill is ready.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4324_1458960283388_621[/ATTACH]

Comment

there are more than one or two of us

Welcome to the ClanRam

Comment

Hey, glad to have you with us. I reckon the blackouts are just because it's the preseason. I'm sure we'll sell out the first home game.

Comment

Welcome to the Clan!!! Glad to find another knowledgable poster to chat with.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• idahoramfan
              Long Time Ram Fan
              by idahoramfan
              I am a long time Ram fan from back in the Los Angeles days. As with most of you, I have endured the highs and lows of being a Ram fan and have never given up on them even through the 90's. I am pretty pumped about our team this year.
              -08-20-2007, 03:51 PM
            • teamtaverns
              ram fan bars across country?
              by teamtaverns
              i am trying to compile a huge list of ram bars in different cities across the country, or at least find what bars ram fans go to watch the games. any info will help
              thanks
              -05-22-2007, 07:12 PM
            • Ram Mar Ram
              Ram Fan from Samoa (Western)
              by Ram Mar Ram
              Talofa,

Just thought i'd say hi, been a rams fan since LA. Hail from Samoa (South Pacific) Born in New Zealand.

Lets hope for an outstanding draft and free agency / trade coz we really need all 3 to go well to have a good year.

Peace.

Kenny
              -02-22-2010, 03:02 PM
            • princeram
              Huge ram fan here.
              by princeram
              I signed up for this site a while back..(2 years i think:P) and i finally noticed i need to talk among the ram fans. So i decided to join for real and be active

I've been a rams fan for a long time. Live in Louisiana...Stuck between Dallas Cowboys and N.O Saints:|and the rest of my family is a HUGE Packer fan lol.(i decided not to:P)

anyway i just wanted to say hello to you guys and tell you all ill be active A lot more.

Rams all the way baby!:helmet:
              -05-12-2009, 04:21 PM
            • AvengerRam_old
              Rams "Faithful" Is Sucking The Enjoyment Out Of Being A Ram Fan
              by AvengerRam_old
              Allow me to get a bit philosophical for a moment...

Why do I, as a Ram fan, visit Ram football sites with the frequency that I do? Certainly, its not to obtain information, as that could be done in far less time. No, the primary reason is to enjoy the comeraderie of fellow Ram fans and "homer" sportswriters who cover the team.

Unfortunately, I find with increasing consistency that the "faithful" with whom I seek to share my love of the team has an increasingly and somewhat shockingly prevalent negative component.

Today is a perfect example.

The Rams won their opener. Sure, the game was much closer than most had expected. But there was plenty of good to take away from this game. The maligned O line did a great job. "Over-the-hill" Marshall Faulk and Isaac Bruce had great games. Rookie Steven Jackson continues to impress. Even Marc Bulger, who made some mistakes, overall played a good game.

I have no problem with anyone who tempers such observations with cautionary words about the problems the Rams exhibited today. The Rams did turn the ball over too much, had clock management snafus and were generally ineffective in the red zone.

My problem is with the manner in which the criticism is expressed. There seem to be a growing number of fans and sportswriters who go out of their way to stress the problems and downplay any positives.

We've been down this road before. I'm sure many will jump on me and say I'm a "rose colored glasses wearing Pollyanna" or something to that effect. I'm sure others will say they are just being objective realists.

But that just brings me to my original premise. I'm not here to be informed of flaws that I am already aware exist. I'm here to enjoy the company of other Ram fans. I read Ram sportwriters not to be informed - I can do that with simple KFFL blurbs - I read them to get an inside view on "our team."

So to those who feel the need to be negative to get their voices heard, I'm going to try to just not listen anymore.

I'm here to enjoy the team, and arguing with malcontents is simply not enjoyable.
              -09-12-2004, 07:50 PM
            Working...
            X