Lurking Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurking Member

Hey all! I've been lurking mostly and posting occasionally for a few years. I am astounded by the knowledge and dedication of the ClanRammers. This place is my only stop for Ram info.

I've been a Ram fan pretty much since I can remember watching football which was filled with painful losses. I've only been to a single game, at the Big A, back when it was still the Big A.

I watched the great Super Bowl victory at a friends house, the only football fan. Sad when I think about it. I was amazed after it ended and I still somewhat feel that way.

As my name indicates, Isaac Bruce is my all time favorite Ram. His grace, class, and accomplishments will always stand out for me.

I truly hope 2015 will be the season long suffering Rams fans will be vindicated. I look forward to sharing much celebration here.
    “Oh, 100 percent,” Donald said. “I feel like the words, ‘Thank you,’ ain’t enough. You’ve got to show it... Instead of saying thank you — show it.”

Re: Lurking Member

2010, well done for being here

Comment

I'm part Scottish too, so this has to be the right place!
      “Oh, 100 percent,” Donald said. “I feel like the words, ‘Thank you,’ ain’t enough. You’ve got to show it... Instead of saying thank you — show it.”

Comment

Its the ONLY Place :ram: :helmet: :

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
          Rams "Faithful" Is Sucking The Enjoyment Out Of Being A Ram Fan
          by AvengerRam_old
          Allow me to get a bit philosophical for a moment...

Why do I, as a Ram fan, visit Ram football sites with the frequency that I do? Certainly, its not to obtain information, as that could be done in far less time. No, the primary reason is to enjoy the comeraderie of fellow Ram fans and "homer" sportswriters who cover the team.

Unfortunately, I find with increasing consistency that the "faithful" with whom I seek to share my love of the team has an increasingly and somewhat shockingly prevalent negative component.

Today is a perfect example.

The Rams won their opener. Sure, the game was much closer than most had expected. But there was plenty of good to take away from this game. The maligned O line did a great job. "Over-the-hill" Marshall Faulk and Isaac Bruce had great games. Rookie Steven Jackson continues to impress. Even Marc Bulger, who made some mistakes, overall played a good game.

I have no problem with anyone who tempers such observations with cautionary words about the problems the Rams exhibited today. The Rams did turn the ball over too much, had clock management snafus and were generally ineffective in the red zone.

My problem is with the manner in which the criticism is expressed. There seem to be a growing number of fans and sportswriters who go out of their way to stress the problems and downplay any positives.

We've been down this road before. I'm sure many will jump on me and say I'm a "rose colored glasses wearing Pollyanna" or something to that effect. I'm sure others will say they are just being objective realists.

But that just brings me to my original premise. I'm not here to be informed of flaws that I am already aware exist. I'm here to enjoy the company of other Ram fans. I read Ram sportwriters not to be informed - I can do that with simple KFFL blurbs - I read them to get an inside view on "our team."

So to those who feel the need to be negative to get their voices heard, I'm going to try to just not listen anymore.

I'm here to enjoy the team, and arguing with malcontents is simply not enjoyable.
          -09-12-2004, 07:50 PM
        • AvengerRam_old
          Have you ever seen a Ram fan with a set of knockers like this!
          by AvengerRam_old

Oh... I'm sorry...

Were you expecting to see something else when you opened this thread?

Shame on you!...
          -09-02-2006, 08:45 PM
        • RamDez
          What makes a Ram Fanatic?
          by RamDez
          What makes a Ram Fanatic?

By Dez S Urban / ClanRam.com
          Sitting in my office, looking around, I was suddenly struck by the lack of non Ram related items adorning the walls. I stopped chewing on the end of my Ram pencil, placed my Ram coffee mug down on the desk, switched off my Ram Super Bowl CD and took stock.

What makes a Ram fanatic?

Living in the darkest depth of Central Fife (Scotland), I can lay some claim to being a Ram Fanatic myself but what really does make up this mythical beast?

I am not talking about those fans that go to the game or watch the team on TV; I am talking about those fans that live the Rams, every single day of their lives.

Was it their propensity to dress in Ram regalia from the moment they woke up and after showering in the morning, using their Ram soap and Ram shower gel of coarse, was it the way they feverously wolfed down their favourite breakfast (Warner’s Crunch time) before heading out the door, and into their chosen vehicle of transport (a Dodge Ram) and winging their way to work, to then sit in front of a wall covered in Ram trinkets.
          Is it the way their siblings would be adorned with every single bit of Ram paraphernalia because “they look cute”?
          Can it be their fascination for anything beginning or ending in the word RAM?

Maybe Fanatic is not the correct word we should be using here. Maybe we need to re categorise this beast?
          Let’s call him or her a rampant fan.
          Rampant is far more descriptive of the beast I am trying to describe here. This fan goes beyond support, he/she will sit at a computer and listen to the web feed of a game being broadcast (because they live in some part of the word that does not show the Ram games live on TV) and at the same time they will join a chat room to be in contact with other like minded rampant fans.
          Some of them, like me, will sit up to all hours of the night to listen to these games (I am 6 hours ahead of St Louis time so a 8pm kick off I St Louis works out at 2am here in Scotland) and then go to work after the game has finished.

So to those rampant fans, I take my Ram cap off, raise my Ram shot glass and salute you. I am proud to know you and maybe, count myself as one of you. See you in the chat room.

I look at myself (in a mirror) and wonder if the blue hair dye will last another week or will I need to break into a new bottle of Ram Hair, at $10 a pop. Running my fingers through my goatee (dyed gold to offset the hair colour) I notice a chip on one of my special Ram finger nail covers. Dam, another trip to the manicurist to get a blue and gold retouch was called for. Ah well, I can drop by the local opticians and see if they have my new Ram contact lens covers in stock yet.

Hey, maybe I can call myself a rampant Ram fan ;)

By RamDez...
          -08-15-2004, 02:20 AM
        • RAMFANRAIDERHATER
          Another Old Ram fan has come on board!
          by RAMFANRAIDERHATER
          Hello everyone. I just signed on here yesterday, found the place by accident, actually. But, it's nice to find a place where I can talk about my favorite sports team. I'm in Huntington Beach California, and have watched and followed the Rams since their playing days at the LA coliseum. Unlike many of my fellow Ram fans here in So. Cal, I stayed with the horns even though that "b***h" took my team away from me and moved them to St Louis. Anyway, it's great to get online here and read and chat about the Rams. Tonight's the first preseason game of 2006, and I'm so anxious to see the "new-look" Rams. I guess one good thing about being a Ram fan in California is I get to see the game on TV, which I understand is blacked out locally. Hmmmmm, that situation sounds familiar. In the last few dismal years in LA, we suffered the same fate. Dwindling attendance and blackouts. For you guys in St. Louis, don't let that happen! Support your team, or Madam Ram may.... well, you never know. GO RAMS!!!!
          -08-10-2006, 08:12 AM
        • idahoramfan
          Long Time Ram Fan
          by idahoramfan
          I am a long time Ram fan from back in the Los Angeles days. As with most of you, I have endured the highs and lows of being a Ram fan and have never given up on them even through the 90's. I am pretty pumped about our team this year.
          -08-20-2007, 03:51 PM
        Working...
        X